Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm shopping for a GV and a recent dealership told me that if I purchase from them I should get all warranty service done at their shop, otherwise other dealerships will add a service charge. Is this true?

If true, this is a raw deal because the closest Suzuki dealership in my area with GVs in stock is 45 minutes away! I've asked around and people have suggested there is some weird rule (regardless of vehicle make) where if you live within 25 miles of the dealership you purchased your car from, you have to get it serviced there or else you'll pay more at other dealerships. Sounds old-school to me. Please tell me this isn't true.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The dealer gets paid by the manufacturer for warranty work. The only thing you need to due is make sure the dealer is authorized by the manufacturer to work on the car. Check with the car manufacturer to see if a closer dealer is authorized. Generally only the dealer that sells the car is authorized.

The service fee may be because the unauthorized dealer is really not working on the car but working through an authorized dealer to get the work done.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts