Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have a really strange problem with my GV 2.0 Auto. When the car is cold and in gear (D) I get a strange vibration which seems to come from the dashboard,on the left. This happens only when the car is cold around 2k rpm and in gear, also disappears after 2-3min or so. Sometimes I can reproduce it on right turns only, but not always.

This happened after the pad engine was replaced. Any ideas? I don't want to go crazy with the screwdriver messing up my dashboard...

·
Registered
18 Posts
If the problem is after a component being replaced then likely the component may be the problem.

Though and only from my experience in a 2007 GV Prestige I had this annoying vibration on the front left (halfway) where the dash met the wind shield. There are two pieces of plastic there and when I stuck my finger on it, it stopped. Got a small piece of bike tyre rubber and inserted in there and the vibration was gone.

In the 2009 GV Prestige the annoying vibration was the centre console arm rest (adjustable slider one) that today still bugs me.

Get the engine mount pad assessed to ensure that it was installed correctly. Maybe new type of rubber/plastic compound that is hard when cold so more engine vibration is transferred to the cabin. Overtime this may go way but I'm not a mechanic.
If fine, then go and find some rubber or silicon glue to stop the rattle.

Reactions: Maulicks

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
In the 2009 GV Prestige the annoying vibration was the centre console arm rest (adjustable slider one) that today still bugs me.
Here's where you put four bits of foam to stop that one (see pic.) The hard part is disassembly of the sliding assembly.
In theory all 2005+ GVs have this rattle, it's designed right in.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks *Kiwi damn good idea and will look at that as an option. Incidentally my older 2007 never had this slider in it.
Now as I'm a practical fellow and was thinking that since I never adjusted the slider and pulling apart sounds arduous. I'll take the lazy way and use a silicon sealant caulking gun and just squeeze it in there. Later can always remove the silicon if selling or want that adjustable again.
Amazing when you pull apart a new vehicle and find that half the time silicon holds it together :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tried sticking my fingers everywhere - no go :(

I think this may have something to do with the automatic transmission cooling pipe, at least the dealer told me that those were problematic and could result in such vibrations...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all, this is my first post here:)

Cartman - that with your problem (vibration which seems to come from the dashboard,on the left)??

I have the same problem when car is cold and hot - this happens only when the car is cold around 1.8k - 2k rpm:-/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLgB0LclTvQ&feature=youtu.be

Today I pulled the car counter from the dashboard, plug located under the steering wheel and radio. I searched and searched and found nothing:-(

Maybe already you solved your problem with vibration?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts