Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I recently bought a G13BB Jimny 2000. When I turn the headlight on the dashboard light does not turn on, leaving squid ink dark on the dash when I am driving at night.

I notice when I activate the immobiliser the bulb of the dash light blinks, which is normal I believe, thus is it then true that the bulb of dash is not blown, assuming this is the only bulb use for both immobiliser and dashboard?

If it is not the bulb failure, where could it be wrong?

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Here in 'The States' we can only dream of a 2000 Jimny, but here is a silly question. Is there a knob on the dash that adjusts the brightness of the dash lights like there is on the Samurai/Sierra models? If so, the knob may just be turned all the way down. If not, look for fuses.

·
Registered
3 Posts
On my 2009 Jimny the little push button to set the trip meter has a position for adjusting the dash light brightness but do not know if its the same on a 2000 model

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Billjohn, there is no button for dash light adjustment. I have problem location the fuse. According to the fuse box inside the car, there is no where on the cover mention about the dash light fuse.
Could it be a fuse at the main fuse box? How can I find out which fuse is it?
Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Leslie,

My jimny has three options in the small push button on the dashboard. They are total milage, trip a milage, and trip b milage. Also the button cannot be rotated. Can you rotate yours?

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi on my Jimny I have the three options as you say but when the lights are on there is a fourth option and if you keep the button pushed in it will change the dash light level in the fourth option, but you must have both the ignition and lights on

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Leslie, when my car igintion is turned on I turn on my light and chose the between options. Unfortunately there is no forth option. how exactly can you select the forth option? just push the button? is your jimny G13BB?
When you turn on your dash light, does the interior clock becomes dimmer?
Thanks alot

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi I am not sure what number my car is it is only six months old, when the lights are on the dash option is on the fourth push of the trip button the clock is part of the audio system display it sounds like there has been some changes to the dashboard set up you will need to get hold of a owners manual for your model or get someone to look it up for you

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Ok, Thanks for you help.
I have a manual but not very helpful. I will prolly look for an electrican.
Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts