Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone help me,2011 Vitara in AU these lights have appeared as well as the esp light in front of the tacho.My cheap code reader has no faults.abs appears to be working.Battery has 12.8v overnight and it is being charged by the alt.the only thing that is funny is when i turn the key to on with the brake pedal depressed the warning lights dont come on until i lift my foot off the brakes.any suggestions as to were to start looking would be appreciated.Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
check brake light fuse first, are the brake lights working?

you will need a decent quality reader to check for ABS codes, until you check, its a guess as to where the problem lies or where to start diagnosing..

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
ok, time for a decent scan tool to see what codes are in there and to start diagnosing. As this covers ABS, TCM, BCM and engine ECU areas, fault finding on ESP should not be approached from a "this code means this part" approach, you must diagnose properly as while it may have an ABS code, it could very easily be another system thats triggering it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks i will chase up a good reader.Is there any significance that the lights dont come on at startup until the foot brake is released.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
possibly, if its what I think it may be, there will be an ABS code stored

1 - 6 of 6 Posts