Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello. I have a suzuki jimny 1.3 petrol, and i have been thinking off fitting a turbo to it. It would be great if someone could let me know if it is possible and if so what size turbo would be best to use??? please help would hate to have to get rid of it because its a little to slow. thanks dan

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Which engine do you have? a turbo is not easy on the G13BB, there are kits for the M13A, intended for the Swift, but they are expensive. The usual mods are a G16B swap for the G13BB or an M15/16/18 swap for the M13A.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I have been sort of kicking (no pun) and searching around about some information re: fitting a junkyard turbo to kick powered sami. Something low pressure to hold hills a little better, maybe 5lbs of boost. I am somewhat addicted to turbos. My last two cars that I had and truly loved were an 08 GTI and my current tastefully tuned 2005 SAAB 9-5 arc 5 speed. What I'm about to say may not wash with some folks but here it is... These engines are a poor candidate for gobs of boost, they are built to light and lack some forged internals. If you do go this route I would carefully consider boost levels. I'm leaning away from it at this point BUT if this engine ever pops I may fit this Mazda 13BTT street ported monster in just to be a turbo whore.

If you do a youtube search there is a guy that has been doing exactly this, he has a pretty good writeup on Suzy turbo. I cant find him right now but my rural-ass internet is dragging pretty hard.

IF I were going to go with a turbo 4cyl there are two favs I have in mind for transplant, these are worthy of research IF it is primarily a street vehicle and your ok with some fabbing.
2.3L Ford (T-Bird SC old school, Merkur XR4Ti have turbos already) these engines are heavier but quite robust and will handle stupid amounts of boost. I was running a 76 Pinto coupe with a gently modded XR4Ti mill, bolted right in and ran sub 13sec .25mi.
2nd is to fit a 1.8t from an older GTI/GLI/A4, its the same block provisions of the diesel VW conversion thats on the market which would take a lot of the fab work out but getting the harness/ECU to work would be a chore, which is why I havnt done it yet. I have a 16v 1.6 and its barely enough with the 35" tires. I havnt boosted the Suzy engine yet for reliability reasons as I get pretty far away from.... well... everything.

Just some food for thought. Will you be using this offroad?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts