Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
The front end of my Suzuki Baleno 2016 was damaged by road debris. Trying to work out what’s damaged. The mechanic says it’s both the radiator and AC condenser and both need replacing. I don’t see how both can be damaged from such a small impact. Can anyone enlightenment me as to the layout of these parts.

Thanks in advance.

Grille Automotive tire Automotive exterior Wood Bumper

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
12,520 Posts
Well, from the picture that is coolant on the ground, and since the condenser is forward of the radiator, There is no doubt that it is also compromised..

Reactions: tom4505

·
Administrator
17,793 Posts
Your idea of road debris must be different to mine, as Philip has said, the condenser is in front of the radiator and if the radiator is damaged from the impact, which it appears to be, judging from the leaking coolant, the condenser will also be, in fact, you can see the damaged condenser in the first picture.

·
Registered
12,125 Posts
Thats a big chunk of "debris" embedded in the condenser....what came off the vehicle in front?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, from the picture that is coolant on the ground, and since the condenser is forward of the radiator, There is no doubt that it is also compromised..
Thank you, that is helpful. I have to say I can't tell the difference between the condenser and radiator either from the outside or interior of the hood. I can only see one structure which I assumed was the radiator. Is there a manual/diagram available online which illustrates the different components under the hood? What is the smaller radiator looking thing to the left of the damaged part in the image?

Your idea of road debris must be different to mine, as Philip has said, the condenser is in front of the radiator and if the radiator is damaged from the impact, which it appears to be, judging from the leaking coolant, the condenser will also be, in fact, you can see the damaged condenser in the first picture.
Thats a big chunk of "debris" embedded in the condenser....what came off the vehicle in front?
Thanks for replying. I used the word debris just to mean something in the road that shouldn't be. It was a heavy chunk of metal that must have fallen off a car/truck and bounced up about a foot in the air that no doubt would have made a heavy impact on the front grill. Photo for curiosity's sake:
Automotive tire Asphalt Tire Wood Road surface

·
Registered
12,125 Posts
Looks like an idler pulley

1 - 8 of 8 Posts