Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This link has a lot of good information on our cars. It gives you a place to start anyway. Suzuki And other small car builders use other engines from cars in production to keep cost down. I found that the 1997 Suzuki Esteem 1.6l engine and tranny came from the Toyota Tercel. So with that said you now have a aftermarket, A small. I believe the same thing is at work here. Daewoo used Holden engines in the past, So if you can get the part numbers for a part you should be able to match it to you car. I am waiting for a part numbers list for the 2005 Reno, After i get it i will go online to search for other cars with that same number and them check them to make sure they are the same part. If it turns out that Daewoo used parts from other cars that have an aftermarket, More performance parts should be found for our cars.Like i said this should work, But like anything in life i just have to get lucky.

GM Daewoo: Information From Answers.com

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I understand the rebagding, I am talking more along the line of. What other car out there hase the same pistons and rods. Or the same tranny. Thats the search i am after. It would be nice to find out that our cars share the same parts as other cars that have an aftermarket

·
Registered
114 Posts
Alot of people knew that too. But its not as easy as part #s for all of the things. Alot of parts are interchangable.. but slightly different. So the part #s are not the same.

The chevy lacetti WTCC R+ is supercharged not turbo'd.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
TTGOTH - There was post made on which engines are compatable with ours. I am to lazy and tried to look for it now and it may be lost as I belive it was in the proformace section, but some was able to find the einges tho. As far as the tranny you will have next to no luck as we have a brand new tranny. Plus it is a close cased tranny so any mods to it will be a lot of work and money. There are pistons, rods, etc already out there, but you can only get them from a country over seas and it will be cheaper making custom ones insread. But if you want to spend the money on shipping over parts for our engines, then look at Opel then as a starting point. Its an European car maker owned by GM.

We may have an easier time getting parts becuase GM is going to sell Opel cars as Saturns and the first one out is the Saturn Sky. I have not looked into what engine it has. I believe from what I have read it is a 2.2 EcoTect engine, but beyond that I do not know if is the euro version (which we have) or the U.S one which is in all Staurns (I believe, but I may be worng.)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found the link in this site but it's dead.

jurupa said:
TTGOTH - There was post made on which engines are compatable with ours. I am to lazy and tried to look for it now and it may be lost as I belive it was in the proformace section, but some was able to find the einges tho. As far as the tranny you will have next to no luck as we have a brand new tranny. Plus it is a close cased tranny so any mods to it will be a lot of work and money. There are pistons, rods, etc already out there, but you can only get them from a country over seas and it will be cheaper making custom ones insread. But if you want to spend the money on shipping over parts for our engines, then look at Opel then as a starting point. Its an European car maker owned by GM.

We may have an easier time getting parts becuase GM is going to sell Opel cars as Saturns and the first one out is the Saturn Sky. I have not looked into what engine it has. I believe from what I have read it is a 2.2 EcoTect engine, but beyond that I do not know if is the euro version (which we have) or the U.S one which is in all Staurns (I believe, but I may be worng.)

·
Registered
261 Posts
The 5speed manual is a Gertrag listed as a D20 but realy is an F20 which is one of the trans options in some of those Opels. The auto trans is an updated GM and I am not sure if a variant is in any of the Opels but I don't believe they are.

We have been looking for these parts for 2 years, there is not much out there that we don't know about, the problem is getting something shipped to you from a foriegn country. Things get lost and what do you do to a guy in the Ukrain if he just keeps your money. Realy its a waiting game until enough of these cars are sold that larger companies start importing these parts by whole container loads before you can get them here. Until then its build your own or hope more companies like BMS get involed but that depends on sales as well. But hey I see our cars all over the place now. Actually comon enough now that people know what it is when they see it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts