Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Geo Tracker 4WD 3spd with a 1995 PINK Body
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1994 Geo Tracker with an 8v 1.6 TBI 180k miles. I am on the market for a new cylinder head because my current one has two cracks. Going from the spark plugs to the intake valve in cylinders 1 & 2. Also Cylinder 4 has a burned exhaust valve. Lastly the cam retainer block screws were loose and bouncing around on top of the valves in the area with the rockers, cam, retainer springs, etc. Needless to say the odds that everything can be repaired or even found is low.

Are there any easy to access replacement heads? Preferably remanned. I can go to a junkyard and get another head off a car with the same miles but that isn’t ideal.

I’ve called a half dozen companies mentioned here and elsewhere regarding their stock and services along with every other place listing compatible heads on their website.

I’d be open to buying from anyone here off the forums and I’m open to putting a 1.3 8V head on.

My only successful find is a bare head from Alibaba:
Link

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
alibaba, why not? just make sure that you get an 8v as there seems to be some confusion in the ad, saying its 16v, even if pics are 8v
Font Material property Rectangle Parallel Number

·
Super Moderator
26,882 Posts
The cylinder head factory part number is here:
You might have some luck searching, using the factory part number…..???

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
bex, that link takes you to new original heads in the 1500$ range :)

between a used head that will need overhauling and a 200$ china made new bare casting, id go for the later,

but try thse guys too

Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Electronic device

·
Super Moderator
26,882 Posts
The reason why I gave the factory part number is not so you go out and buy a brand new one, but to use that part number when you are searching, and confirming that whatever aftermarket or used part you are considering is the correct part.

·
Registered
90 Tracker 1.6, 8V, 5spd, 4x4, conv
93 Posts
I have a 1994 Geo Tracker with an 8v 1.6 TBI 180k miles. I am on the market for a new cylinder head because my current one has two cracks. Going from the spark plugs to the intake valve in cylinders 1 & 2. Also Cylinder 4 has a burned exhaust valve. Lastly the cam retainer block screws were loose and bouncing around on top of the valves in the area with the rockers, cam, retainer springs, etc. Needless to say the odds that everything can be repaired or even found is low.

Are there any easy to access replacement heads? Preferably remanned. I can go to a junkyard and get another head off a car with the same miles but that isn’t ideal.

I’ve called a half dozen companies mentioned here and elsewhere regarding their stock and services along with every other place listing compatible heads on their website.

I’d be open to buying from anyone here off the forums and I’m open to putting a 1.3 8V head on.

My only successful find is a bare head from Alibaba:
Link
Tracker Ranch, Livingston Texas

Have never talked to them.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
the 60A you are showing is the oil pump housing, not the cyl block....

the 61A is right, its the code of the head

Rectangle Font Parallel Electric blue Pattern

in anycase, these numbers are just part codes, they dont have to match

1 - 11 of 11 Posts