Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. This is my first post, so please excuse any stupidity on my part. I have recently bought a 2011 SX4 Sportback w/62000 miles. The paddle shifters work all the time....there is no necessity to put into "sport mode". When driving normally, the indicator says "D". If I use the paddles, the indicator will go up to "6", has full shifting range, but I can get the "D" indicator back by shifting into sport mode and back to regular. While this doesn't seem to bother anything, I am curious if this is something that needs correcting.....or not. ANY IDEAS? thanks

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
Hello. This is my first post, so please excuse any stupidity on my part. I have recently bought a 2011 SX4 Sportback w/62000 miles. The paddle shifters work all the time....there is no necessity to put into "sport mode". When driving normally, the indicator says "D". If I use the paddles, the indicator will go up to "6", has full shifting range, but I can get the "D" indicator back by shifting into sport mode and back to regular. While this doesn't seem to bother anything, I am curious if this is something that needs correcting.....or not. ANY IDEAS? thanks
This is what normally happens, indicator shows "D" when in "auto" mode, when in "manual" shifting mode, actual gear position is shown.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks! that is what I thought. the mystery is that the shifter does not need to be in the "sport mode" position to use the paddle shifters....it can be in the "normal"position and the paddles work fine. I just thought that in order to use the paddles, you needed to put the trans shifter in "sport mode". maybe not. thanks again!

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
thanks! that is what I thought. the mystery is that the shifter does not need to be in the "sport mode" position to use the paddle shifters....it can be in the "normal"position and the paddles work fine. I just thought that in order to use the paddles, you needed to put the trans shifter in "sport mode". maybe not. thanks again!
nope, as soon as you tap a paddle, it drops into "manual" mode, this is so you can override the CVT in an emergency if you need a different gear in a hurry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts