Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all pretty much an newbie here, I have the 2013 sx4 cvt awd. I took my car into the local hyundai dealership for two recalls(used to be Suzuki dealership as well). Right now I'm at 52k miles and asked them about about the cvt fluid change and was told I don't ever need to change it. I was told the I should probably have the transfer case fluid changed? Does this sound right?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
853 Posts
RIght. IF you have the owner's manual, is says CVT is never meant to have fluid changes....but inspections, and "change if necessary following fluid analysis " . So unless abused, I'd forget the CVT at that mileage.
However, Tcase and rear diff fluid are said to be changed every 25000 km/15000 miles....which I feel is very often.....or shows these components are very fragile.....
And please fill uop your profile so we do not ask where you live on each new post/thread you submit

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RIght. IF you have the owner's manual, is says CVT is never meant to have fluid changes....but inspections, and "change if necessary following fluid analysis " . So unless abused, I'd forget the CVT at that mileage.
However, Tcase and rear diff fluid are said to be changed every 25000 km/15000 miles....which I feel is very often.....or shows these components are very fragile.....
And please fill uop your profile so we do not ask where you live on each new post/thread you submit
Thanks I updated my profile......I'll look into getting the transfer case fluid changed quickly along with the coolant!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts