Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
need help i have a 2000 grand vitara 4x4 i changed the driver side axle with no problem but i can't get the passenger front side off no bolts that i can see like the driver side any help will be appreciated :D

·
Administrator
16,319 Posts
Drain the differential and pry it out with a pair of large screwdrivers or a puller.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Had same problem with my 99 Tracker, took quite the effort to pop axel out with two prybars synchronized. Unfortunately the circlip broke on mine and had to drop diff to fish it out. Was fairly easy to drop diff just pita. When installed new cv axel I closed up the new circlip some so axel would slip in easier. Jon

·
Registered
15 Posts
Did you get the cv axel removed without any problems? Jon

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cv joint wont budge i tried pry bars got a puller but it too wont come loose any thing else can you think of need help cant get help over here!!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine was very difficult to pop out. Had to pry out with pry bars, making sure bars didn't slip as you I was prying. Took quite a bit of effort , make sure both bars are opposite of each other as much as possible. It will come out just keep at it. Jon

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finally got it out both cv joints replaced but now it's pulling to the left it will go than pull go than pull.
Any idea what is going on?

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you dismantled the steering knuckle at the strut you may need to get it aligned. The upper bolt may be a cam style to adjust the camber, if you didn't mark the bolt alignment before dismantling, your alignment will need done at the tires shop. Jon

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine was very difficult to pop out. Had to pry out with pry bars, making sure bars didn't slip as you I was prying. Took quite a bit of effort , make sure both bars are opposite of each other as much as possible. It will come out just keep at it. Jon
Im having the same difficulties. I have a slide hammer with axle removal attachment, its moved about a quarter inch outta the transfer case and that's it. Am I doing something wrong? I have a 2000 GV 4x4, do I have to do anything with the four wheel drive shifter at all? Need help please!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Drain the differential and pry it out with a pair of large screwdrivers or a puller.
I've tried pry bars, I rented a slide hammer with a axle removal attachment. Still no luck. Is their something I'm missing? I got the axle to move out of the transfer case about a quarter inch and that's it. Is my circlip screwing me? Need help!! 2000 GV, 4x4.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Get a long chisel or pry bar and put it on the inner edge of the cv axle. Then take a BFH (big F'n hammer!) and hammer the end of the chisel till it pops off! Since you're changing it anyway, no need to worry about messing up the metal on the inner end....i just took a big pry bar and kinda wedged it in there and banged it until it popped loose from the inside! To get it back on I used the same technique but VERY carefully on the other side (don't want to tear the boot using something too pointy to hammer agaisnt)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts