Suzuki Forums banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts
I actually saw one yesterday but forgot myself and thought "Gosh that's a nice condition SJ413". I had to pinch myself to remind me it is just a Jimny with a body!!! :D :D :D

Yes it looked nicer dressed as a 413 but when I realised it was a Jimny I was less excited. I loved my 413.

I've just checked on Autotrader.

The CHEAPEST current JIMNY is listed at £22,500 - that's of 63 cars listed.

Dealers here are pre-registering them rather than selling them new - since they can then offer them at inflated prices.

There are several which probably haven't left the showroom - priced over £30,000!

The dearest one listed is £31,495 though that does at least have a leather interior.

Or you could have a pickup for £31,199 - numberplate NOT included...

Edited thanks.

I sort of regret not buying one to be honest.

As soon as I saw it, I'd told the salesman I would be getting one once they went on sale, but I was really put off by the Autocar test and dissuaded by the much higher cost than the outgoing Jimny.

But every time I see one now.... :(

Edited thanks.

I sort of regret not buying one to be honest.

As soon as I saw it, I'd told the salesman I would be getting one once they went on sale, but I was really put off by the Autocar test and dissuaded by the much higher cost than the outgoing Jimny.

But every time I see one now.... :(
I’m not worried; yep as previous Jimny owners, we were interested but they are so compromised on road, slower, three NCAP stars and thirsty; an Ignis AllGrip isn’t as cool or anywhere as good off road but far far better on it, good on fuel, and a much better all rounder.

Just wondering, for everyday use, wouldn't an allgrip Ignis make more sense than a Jimmy? I guess the Jimmy will have better "proper" off road capabilities. But the boot is tiny. I really like the wife's Ignis Adventure we got back in August. I would be interested to hear peoples experience of the allgrip version. Can't get one myself right now as I have only had my current vehicle (Skoda Octavia vRS) for not even a year. But the ignis is a great little car and I love driving the wife's whenever I get a chance. Lol
I have just bought a 18reg red Ignis adventure love driving it as for boot space the rear sliding seats are brilliant. I had a look at a new jimny they are a lovely piece of kit rear Seats fold flat for a larger boot. I had a 2005 jimny was a brilliant car would have another one if I could afford it and unfortunately that's the issue with the new one and why I went for the Ignis

I haven't read all the content in this post but from what I've seen of the Jimny against what it costs - why would anyone buy one. I've had 4WD vehicles in the past and hardly ever had the need for the whole kit and caboodle (I bought for the bad winters we sometimes have in the top half of Scotland but, since 2010/11 we've had virtually nothing on my patch to warrant 4WD).
My local dealer had two new Jimnys sitting on the forecourt for a few months priced at over £26k They didn't sell and have been removed.
I think this speaks for itself considering you can buy a Fiat Panda 4x4 for £10k less and has the reputation for being almost as good off-road as a Landrover.
Nope, can't understand that pricing...
Don't mean to offend any owners of the Jimny. I'm sure to you it is the car that you need.

Bear in mind the list price was MUCH less than "over £26k" being £15,664 – £19,164 - but dealers wrongly pre-registered vehicles instead of selling them properly to new car buyers and tried profiteering.

I answered this last week, but it seems to have disappeared?.

Anyway, yes I would expect AWD with normal types to be far better than 2WD on snow tires. I've previously had two Jimny's, and even on well worn road tyres they perform on snow as if there's no snow at all. I don't expect the Ignis to be as good as a Jimny, but it should still be a lot better than 2WD, even with snow tyres.

I live in North Derbyshire, on the edge of the Peak District, so plenty of hills, plenty of snow (when it snows) and plenty of totally untreated roads!.
I haven't driven a Jimny, so I can't compare, but I was very happy with the Ignis last winter. We had a period of lots of snow, and I had no issues.

I guess my main issue is that the Ignis does not tell you when it's using 4WD - you just have to assume it does when "needed". It would be really nice to have a light showing when 4WD is in use.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.