Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Cruise Control Store

I have ordered and received a cruise control from these guys 212 after tax shipping
delivered on time and as stated

instructions are detailed enough to get started. I suggest read until you get your mind around what they are instructing
took 5 min to figure out that the pin I was looking for was already attached to grey wire and only by close exam of photo did I unwind wire to find my pin

will post further on install adventure

props to no1spaceman and crazcfox

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
how come instalation instructions always miss something

the instruction need a parts list,and pin out chart
have to call tech supp to figure out if pin 45 is where I think
and where they are intending another wire to go because pictured is to sunroof not ignition as they say I know this wire needs ignition but not sure why it has to be through fuse box since seperate fuse is installed and will blow first. so ........
when all installed I have pics and will show how to install with less " what are they trying to show" and " attach to where?! that cant be right!"

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok now i got it 48 is labeled on the left and visible up close
count three down and should be open spot next to blue wire
this is like the second or middle row wire sequence to look for green yellow purple open blue.
be very very careful with the grey pin wire fragile. but can be replaced with Molex WMLX-214 KK standard crimp terminals

any 12v source is ok for the other wire by the backside of fuse box but at this point I think that it may be where my problem is. I have checked and rechecked connections several times so much that I could do another in an hour but mine does not do any thing so I am not so sure that means much.

I wonder if anyone could verify whether the ecm needs to get code to recognise new cruise company says they don't think so but i see that gm cars do. and I also see Delphi stuff all over the guts of the electronics.

tomorrow I will verify that all fuses are intact maybe even use a different 12v source after that I dont know where to go

went to my deisel mechanics and they are now unable to even do work on the side someone was doing it on site and in the bays ruined it damn there goes cheap reliable work cheap as in cheaper than a shop but still they made money and we would get our car done at the end of the shift.
went to my mechanic and since car is so new they dont have the software. was told only the dealer would be able to help.
went to dealer and was told a very long answer of why they cant even get into that mode to get the car to recognise it
at this point I called the cruise control store and asked if it needed to be coded. tech guy was gone but was told that it shouldnt need to.

so what to do ask the brilliant minds and hope I missed something or theres a way to troubleshoot it because after checking connections and voltages I dont know what else or how else to check this and no one seems to understand the car even though just like all technology once you understand the fundementals its all about the same

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2006 Forenza/ Reno cruise install
The Cruise Control Store

1. Disconnect + positive line on battery (10mm)​
  2. Loosen hose clamps holding intake assembly. Lift assembly out of the way. Locate ECM plug.
    While pushing a tab on the left of the plug pull lever towards front of vehicle. This releases the plug. Remove the cover off the plug (2 tabs on right and 1 tab on left). Locate pin 45 (48 is marked) wires are as follows green yellow purple 45 blue. Insert pin on grey wire all the way into 45. Make certain it is seated properly when reinstalling plug. Route wire through firewall on drivers side. Reconnect ECM and intake assembly.​
  3. Reconnect battery.​
  4. Carefully remove plastic knee panel (Contains 4 clips ). remove 4 bolts and the metal knee panel. ( 12mm bolts). Connect newly routed grey ecm wire to green module wire.​
  5. Locate accessory plug at the base of steering column. Connect the modules white wire to the green/white wire on the accessory plug.​
  6. Locate a 12 volt source at rear of fuse panel. (verify with volt meter). Also verify volts when keys in the 2 on positions and with the accessory that has been tapped both on and off. Do not use if dips below 12v. Must be at 12volts while in use. HVAC for example dips when running fan for AC/HEAT or just the blower.​
  7. Connect one end of fuse holder 12v source and the other end to modules brown wire. Insert fuse provided.​
  8. Turn off ignition. Plug in main module to sender module and secure under dash with zip ties. Connect black wire to a grounded metal bolt during knee panel reassembly.​
  9. Steel switch bracket must be installed at 6 o'clock position. Easiest to turn wheel 180 degrees to access the space between horn pad and hard plastic column cover. Slide bracket in and then slide switch onto bracket.​

• Ensure continuity of all connections.​
  • Do not remove or insert plug for ecm without disconnecting the battery. This is the computer module very expensive if you fry it.​
  • Use a grounding wrist strap to avoid static charge frying any components.​
  • Verify 12 volts all (on) key positions with all accessories on and off.​
  • Module will send approx 5-7 volts to ECM​
  • check for current on green/white connections​
  • make 100% certain that pin 45 is seated​
  • if connections are good and still unable to operate. Try changing to 18 gauge wire to the ecm. ATX female pins found at electronics suppliers will work as a pin replacement when switching to larger gauge.​

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kudos

ok I know it was a long time but only on my part these guys are great in response and tech support but Im not up at those hours often and working in the latter part of the afternoon
they sent a new kit in days after calling and giving volts at each point but same problem. I eventually replaced thin ecm wire with 18 gauge and viola it worked. :D :rolleyes:

so pin 45 is a pain yes and I fixed that uncertainty by fashioning a longer stronger one out of atx female crimps (not for the impatient) but they go in and scrape comming out (easy in effort out) and I made it longer by cutting one in half and matting to the other. I think the original was undersized and loose fitting. also the wire was like 20 or 22 gauge very thin

I replaced fuse holder with a 16g one still only using "3" fuse so inspite of some over kill there it will pop after a number higher than 3 so... I am still safe. wanted to ground it with 16 but once I got it working I was like yea right dont fix it if it aint broke

·
Registered
265 Posts
i dont understand y u would ever need cruise control

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
in our car you cant tell how fast you are goin fy sound or feel
thats why i needed it 80 -85 feels like 65
smooth ride, quiet engine, comfortable throttle that does not require anything but the weight of your shoe to get floored.

oh yes on my 27 min. commute I use it religiously! only two places I get caught at lights the rest just steady flow.

now in the rig I can do locals all day not need cruise or use it but at 110 db I know what speed I am doing in what gear ( 110 is the measured noise at prime shift pointapprox 1700 rpm)

would Be able to hear the difference if I got a stick maybe but I like to practice floating the gears and skip shifts an error is not forgiven in such a small transmission. so no thanks. I am an expert at 10 gears not 5.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My Forenza came with all the bells and whistles, I thought. The one thing I over looked on the test drive was the cruise control... I felt cheated on that. But I will have that addressed when I go to have the 500 mile break in oil changed this week.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
erin49015 said:
My Forenza came with all the bells and whistles, I thought. The one thing I over looked on the test drive was the cruise control... I felt cheated on that. But I will have that addressed when I go to have the 500 mile break in oil changed this week.
A couple of questions. Why did you feel cheated on not getting the curise control? Not many low end cars have them and if they do your swapping it for another feature. And why are you going at 500 miles to have the oil changed? Our cars have a long break in peroid and oil changes on our cars are 7,000 miles.

Zipper said:
WHy is your car haunting a cematary?
Maybe he is halling the dead people the mob kills? lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
Originally Posted by erin49015

A couple of questions. Why did you feel cheated on not getting the curise control? Not many low end cars have them and if they do your swapping it for another feature. And why are you going at 500 miles to have the oil changed? Our cars have a long break in peroid and oil changes on our cars are 7,000 miles.
Becase after the first 500 miles you get the metal shavings from new metal on metal friction becides that I have free oil changes for life, I might as well use the program...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts