Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to get a CC kit for my 97 Sport AT? Cant find anything online. Driving 5000k this summer and need cruise.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Is it possible to get a CC kit for my 97 Sport AT? Cant find anything online. Driving 5000k this summer and need cruise.
I believe the "Sport" models came with cruise installed. Are you sure yours is a "Sport"?

·
Registered
223 Posts
I believe the "Sport" models came with cruise installed. Are you sure yours is a "Sport"?

My JX automatic has an aftermarket unit in it the previous owner installed, which never worked, but it did not come with one from the factory. My JLX 5spd parts vehicle does have a factory unit though. So, going on that, I would say only the JLX models came with it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am absolutely positive mine is the Sport. But it does not have CC. I actually have the original window sticker and it has a Cruise Control delete on it.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Cruise Control was an OPTION. But I haven't seen any in TracKicks in junkyards. I'm not sure it systems from other Suzuki cars could be used. The wiring is installed on ALL TracKicks. The OEM system consists of a control switch on the wiper stalk, an on/off switch on the dash, a "computer" mounted on the right side of the steering column, and an actuator under the hood with a cable running to the gas petal. The mounting to the gas petal is different to provide mounting for the cable.

There are universal after-market kits. But they are not cheap. One of the more popular is Rostra.
Aftermarket Cruise Control, Daytime Running Lights and Hands-free Bluetooth by Rostra

I have been looking into using junkyard (GM/Delco) parts to install a CC unit like I did for my motorhome. It should be even easier as the TracKick already has a vehicle speed sensor (VSS). (The four speed auto has two!) I also used a wireless remote control to have set/decel, speed up and coast switches on the steering wheel.

These are links to other people's projects that I used as a guide for my system:
DSC01758 - My Photo Gallery
Cruise Control - AC Delphi Electro-Motor - My Photo Gallery
CC_Wiring_Diagram_--_KH_Mod - My Photo Gallery

If you are interested in the "junkyard cruise" project, I could post the connection points and installation ideas that I have figured out. But if you are not currently interested, I will hold off until I have "proven" my theories,

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
My JX automatic has an aftermarket unit in it the previous owner installed, which never worked, but it did not come with one from the factory. My JLX 5spd parts vehicle does have a factory unit though. So, going on that, I would say only the JLX models came with it.
My Sport was a JLX I figured everyone else would also have the same one.

We still don't know exactly which the OP has.

fwiw - my question came from knowing that someone posted they had a Tracker Sport bc on the registration it said "Sport Utility Vehicle". But there is no such vehicle.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Great info Mike, my parts rig has all those pieces you described. I took pics of them so the original poster can see what he would need and where they install. You can see the controller as well as the on/off switch in the first pic. Not sure if I want to sell them as I thought about putting it in mine. But I am sure a determined search on the net he could come up with the needed parts.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Note that the CC "computer" under the dash comes in at least two "flavors" and the wiring and plug is different between them. One is used on manual and three speed automatic transmissions the other, with more inputs, is used only on the computer controlled 4 speed automatic transmissions.

·
Registered
66 Posts
My sister's 97 JLX had factory cruise as well.

Kodiak, your's is clean! That area where the brace met the body is where my sister's JLX rotted away to nothing and couldn't really be saved.

·
Registered
223 Posts
My sister's 97 JLX had factory cruise as well.

Kodiak, your's is clean! That area where the brace met the body is where my sister's JLX rotted away to nothing and couldn't really be saved.
Thanks, those pics are my parts truck, which I got from California a couple of weeks ago, but my driver is also from there too and is just as clean. Gotta love salt free states!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow, super clean. I live in the rust belt and mine is all kind of rusted around the strut mount. My plastic body cladding hides the rust, but under it is big holes. But she's running great so I'll keep driving her until I cant anymore.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts