Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cruise control wiring diagram? Specifically, I'm looking for the "resume" wire.

I am of the opinion that, on a standard vehicle, the correct location of the cruise control resume button is the gear stick.

I have a low profile switch to wire up. I'm just hesitant to tear my steering column completely apart in order to trace the wire all the way back. Does anyone know, or have a diagram of, which wire exiting the column is responsible for the resume function, and how it might complete its circuit (i.e. does it ground)?

Alternatively, I would be satisfied if the clutch switch also performed the resume function as the pedal is let back out. I understand the need to interrupt cruise function when the clutch is depressed, but I see no reason not to automate its resumption. In any kind of emergency situation, you will already be applying brake, which will kill the cruise.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So far, the below pictures by K-9 are the most promising information I have found. Looks like it just may be the blue wire.... still doesn't answer how it completes a circuit. Looks like I may be taking my steering column apart in the near future.

·
Registered
899 Posts
YOu did not give any details about your year model...but this is from the 2007-2009 shop manual. It is probably indicative also of the newer models.
www.avigex.ca/sx4/CC.pdf

No blue wire in diagram.....All commands are fed through same wire with different resistor values....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No blue wire in diagram.....All commands are fed through same wire with different resistor values....
Resistor values. My arch nemesis.

I encountered the same circumstance when defeating the seat belt sensor, and settled for seat belt extensions instead. (I'm happier with the reach, as it turns out. And a nicely hemmed sleeve from an old leather jacket makes it look like the extensions belong.)

Thanks for the link. Will study it over when I have a bit of time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts