Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The alternator went out a few months ago and fried the battery on our 2010 SX4. Just had the chance this week to put the alternator back in. Unfortunately, we broke the power steering pump pressure switch terminal and are still stuck in the driveway, but that is a different story.

Since replacing the alternator and battery the Cruise Control light is illuminated on the instrument panel. The car isn't even equipped with cruise. Any thoughts on why the light would be on? Could it just be "re-learning" since everything has been disconnected for over a month?

·
Registered
853 Posts
The alternator went out a few months ago and fried the battery on our 2010 SX4....
Just so everyone has a chance to "predict" possible problems, can you tell at what mileage this happened?..,manual or auto? AWD ? and where you live (different climates have different consequences...)
All these details can help others too...

With the J20B engine, some components have been relocated and the manuals we have online stop with the J20A. Too bad replacing the alternator interfered with the P/S pump..(this link, if it can help http://www.avigex.ca/sx4/PowerSteeringHydraulic.pdf ) .Again, the diagrams we have online (stopping at 2009 version) might have a few differences with the 2010 up....I'm digging anyway to find out where a false signal (pinched wire ???) might trig the cruise control light....will come back if I have any cue..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. The car is an automatic 2010 SX4 SE in Western North Carolina. Started having issues with starting at about 98K, but the battery kept testing as good. I drove it to work one day about 6 weeks ago and the battery was blowing acid everywhere. Took it home and it's sat in the driveway while a looked for an alternator somewhere other than the parts store ($482 at Advance Auto!). Ended up finding one for $50 and installed it on Monday and a new battery with no issue starting. However, the check engine light is on and the car will not idle because of the pressure switch on the power steering pump (a new one is on the way for $47 and hope that is all going on there).

Anyway, just wondering how any of this could cause the cruise control light to be illuminated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got the pressure switch in and all is well!

Still have the cruise light on thought. Would the car have any of this wiring if it is not equipped with cruise?

·
Registered
853 Posts
... Would the car have any of this wiring if it is not equipped with cruise?
NOt from my experience, but others on this forum did use existing wiring to add 3rd party cruise control....most often with some pain, it seems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts