Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my Suzuki SX4 2011 anniversary edition sedan new. Since then there have been a couple recalls. Ever since the dealership addressed the recalls, the cruise controls hasn't worked. The dealership says they're not related. Has anyone else had this happen, or have any insights on whether or not it's related and/or how to fix it?

The recalls were:
-Recall Number 13V405000: front passenger seat cushion assembly was replaced (because of OCS sensor mat issue that would have made the air bag deploy regardless of whether or not someone was sitting in the passenger seat)
and
-Recall Number 14V811000: Component - POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION:GEAR POSITION INDICATION (PRNDL): The dealership replaced the shift knob.

·
Super Moderator
17,811 Posts
Ever since the dealership addressed the recalls, the cruise controls hasn't worked. The dealership says they're not related.
If conducting the recall efforts resulted IN the loss of cruise control function, then of course they are "related". ;)

I'd head on back to the Dealer and raise a little heck at the Management level.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is your check engine light currently lit when driving? Most check engine light failures will shut off cruise control.

·
Registered
849 Posts
...since the dealership addressed the recalls, the cruise controls hasn't worked...-Recall Number 14V811000: Component - POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION:GEAR POSITION INDICATION (PRNDL): The dealership replaced the shift knob.
I do not believe in concidences: I'd rather consider cause and effect. Cruise control must KNOW you are in D to accept working.
I had a recall of that kind too, but everything kept working normal. But maybe there is a chance some contact might have been disturbed in your case....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts