Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Sx4 which has done 180000kms
I have had three atempts to have this repaired the engine light has come on and the cruise control fails to engage .
At huge expense I replaced the two Oxygen Senors as I was adviced that was the issue.
With in 12 kms the light came on again.
I have had a full service done by the Suziki dealer on Sunshine Coast who cleared the code and said the fault was the intermittent air mass flow sensor
They assured me they had cleaned the senior which they don't done ,but I did this with a mate there afterwards with no effect
Had an independant Diagnostic code of C 1122 ?
Power steering 9.6.2 malfunction engine speed signal ?
Agian this is a huge cost imported from Japan.
I have disconnected the battery negative and cleared the fault and it works 100percent for 20kms and then disconnects again.
Getting to the point should I just trade the car in on another make.
Any suggestions on what I should do would be gratefully appriciated .
If there is a reliable auto electrician on the Sunshine Coast please contact me.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I can only offer what the workshop manual says. This is from the rw420 (2L petrol - J20a) workshop manual 2006 print.

I can find the link to the full manual if you're going to have a go at it.

·
Registered
8,841 Posts
Any triggered DTC will disconnect the Cruise, so it is imperative that any and all engine running defects be diagnosed first..

Throwing parts at codes is never the most effective method of diagnostics/repair

Start by listing the Freeze Frame DATA (this is recorded at moment of failure).

...Philip

·
Registered
862 Posts
OK..SUnshine cOAST is almost a generic location..(BC, AUstralia..etc.) so I do not know where you live. SOme equipments are different depending on location. DO you have an hydraulic P/S or electric ? What is said in above diagnostic refers to the electric P/S that we do not have in amERICA.
On my other car, a failed throttle position sensor was almost the only component that would inhibit the cruise control. It woud also inhibit 4th (OD) and TCC (do not know if yours is AUTO or manual).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts