Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at an '08 SX4 Crossover and on the sticker it lists front ($69) and rear ($129) skid plates. Peeked under the vehicle as best I could on the dealer's lot in the rain but didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.
What exactly are these skid plates covering?

Thanks in advance!

Tom

·
Registered
143 Posts
yeah their "skidplates" are just the silver plastic trim pieces on the front and rear that make it look like it has skidplates. they will protect your car from nothing

there is a company in germany that makes skid plates, and also a subaru company here in the states that is almost finished with producing their skid plates.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses guys.
Decided to buy the vehicle. Gonna put it up on ramps when I get it home to see what's what (the salesman has no clue about skid plates).
PaulD and rovert97, I don't think that "skid plates" are the silver trim pieces because all SX4 Crossovers have them. These were listed as extra charges on the window sticker. Almost 200 bucks for both. There BETTER be something more than silver trim pieces :mad:
Will post my findings after crawling under there.

Looking forward to picking up the new ride, first Suzuki I've ever bought.

Tom

·
Registered
388 Posts
PaulD and rovert97, I don't think that "skid plates" are the silver trim pieces because all SX4 Crossovers have them. These were listed as extra charges on the window sticker. Almost 200 bucks for both. There BETTER be something more than silver trim pieces :mad:
Will post my findings after crawling under there.

Tom
Don't get your hopes up. I've seen other posts about US dealers listing standard parts separately on the sticker. I don't know if it is to get the base price down for some reason. Maybe they'll only haggle on the base price if you take the rest.

·
Registered
143 Posts
im telling you its those... in 07 they were standard, just like carpet floor mats, and to the best of my knowledge, in 08 they decided to make those options, and now you have to pay for the carpeted floor mats. so why not make you pay for the silver skid plates, since they probably took them off on the base model. i know in canada, only the high end model cars come with them, and are an option on the base and mid range.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts