Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey this one is aimed at the offroad guys .....Would it be possible and if so how do you all think this idea would work.Here it is , I have two 410 jimny transfer cases and would like to put them onto the same chassi lined up with the back drive shaft from the front one inputing into the second one. Will this work like a doubler transfer case..........Now you may ask why not just bulid a doubler but the thing is i want to use the front to some how power a PTO winch and still get the power of a doubler transfer case.your comments and suggestions would be valued ,good or bad ..............

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Its been done but you have to rotate the rear tcase to get the front propshaft run and that can cause oil starvation issues. I think Rockwatt Engineering in the UK were making the PTO gears, you used to be able to get them from Dutton cars but they no longer use an SJ base for their amphibious vehicles.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Moving the axle back a little will help.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Why not go Hydraulic on the winch?
Save you're wheel base.
Run a Volvo 140 4 speed in place of the short shaft and end up with a 100:1 crawl.
And 4 - selectable low range gear selections....As well as 4 high ranges........
All while maintaining you're current final drive.
Some times old school is the best answer....

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Volvo 140 not so accessible here .....i think and the set up i mentioned is what i already have in my garage but the 100:1 crawl sounds really nice.....but ill be doing very little rock crawling and a whole lot of mudding.........the only thing is my choice of tires are tractor tires , thin ones not wide ones so ill need the lower gearing when i dig down where as if they were wider i would look for a floating effect ........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts