Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1987 Suzuki G13A
OK, I decided to pull the motor I built last year and re-ring it. For whatever reason (probably my fault), the rings never seated as they should. I also had a .020 head shim on there, because the machine shop had to deck the block to flatten it back out and that, along with my choice of pistons, put me a little higher than I wanted on compression. I'm pulling that, too. I'll run 91 octane, or, 100 race gas.
Anyway, I have torque specs from the FSM of 47.5~54 foot pounds for the front crankshaft center bolt listed. Was there ever a revision to that number(s), or, is that the number(s) to use?
Thanks

·
Banned
329 Posts
I am pretty sure there is a TSB for the samurai crank bolt, just like there was for the trackick crank bolt...but I can't seem to locate the TSB right now.
From what I recall, the torque spec was the same as the one for the trackicks....94 ft.lbs.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Its a huge bolt and 55lbs didn't sound right. I put this back together about three weeks ago. I found google answers of 90. I didn't get any more rotation out of the bolt after it got to 60. I guess its tight enough. I've run it to redline at full throttle several times and nothing has come loose. Yet.:p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts