Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1995 Suzuki Sidekick JLX 4x4 G16B
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G16B Sidekick 1995 (A/C;P/S). So last year, the original crankshaft pulley decided to die, so we took the car to a mechanic and they fixed it (new timing belt, "new crankshaft pulley"). And yesterday after a long trip, it begun making a "tapping" sound ( tap tap tap tap.....) at idle and while reving, wich stopped after a while, and came back after 5 minutes.
So we took it to the mechanic, and it seems that the pulley wasnt new, it was from a G16B with very low mileage (from 10 to 50k miles). So, they are gonna solder it or put it a screw so the rubber doesnt moves till we get the replacement. So in my searching for the part, I found one at $110 (the shipping to my country is almost the same price of the replacement), and I got confused with the codes:
The code from the Asia catalog etc is: 12610-71C11
But the code from the one I found is: 12610-61G00
But on an ebay page that sells the same part (FEBEST SZDS-GVSQ), it includes both codes + other two that are very close.
Pulley link (this is the one I am going to buy)
So, are they the same part but with different codes, or they are completly different from each other?
Thanks for the help

· Administrator
19,493 Posts
I suggest you avoid Febest products unless it's the only thing available and even then, consider it a "stop gap", as you can expect it to have a short life span.

· Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I suggest you avoid Febest products unless it's the only thing available and even then, consider it a "stop gap", as you can expect it to have a short life span.
well, there goes 70% of my options. Can you recommed some good brands? Almost every pulley is Febest, I just found a Japko, but I dont know if it is good.........

· Super Moderator
27,131 Posts
What country are you in, and what country market was your Sidekick manufactured for?
And is this the same mechanic that found your 17mm crank pulley bolt, torqued at LESS than 70 ft/lbs, and then torqued it to 70 ft/lbs??? (Even though spec is 94 ft/lbs???). Aside from ‘soldering’ the pulley, would this not be the perfect time to take a look at that crank keyway???????????????????????

· Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What country are you in, and what country market was your Sidekick manufactured for?
And is this the same mechanic that found your 17mm crank pulley bolt, torqued at LESS than 70 ft/lbs, and then torqued it to 70 ft/lbs??? (Even though spec is 94 ft/lbs???). Aside from ‘soldering’ the pulley, would this not be the perfect time to take a look at that crank keyway???????????????????????
I am in Peru, and the Sidekick is from USA. Yes, and yes. But because this is in the warranty? (and the situation in Peru isnt very nice) I dont want to ask them to do something else (and also they possibly finished working in it). Anyway, if I can buy the replacement today (thats why I am asking about the brands), next week it will be in Peru, so then I can take it, so they replace it, check the keyway (and change the oil/filter, and fuel filter).

· Super Moderator
27,131 Posts
Buying a replacement crank pulley becomes immaterial if you have crank snout damage. There is a reason why your current pulley has a problem, obviously loosened (wrong torque), and now your mechanic plans to solder it in, or screw it in, so it doesn’t move. An Interesting fix.
All the parts for a 95 USA market Sidekick are here:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts