Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I'm new here I tried to read through all post here couldn't find answer. I'm from North Dakota.USA

I have a 1990 samurai 1.3 manual.

Lost spark the other day at spark plug. Wouldn't start. I replaced the black square coil. Got it to start ones thin died. Been searching for one of these sensors online and location on motor. I can't really find the right info for what sensor I do have and ware to find it on motor and at auto parts store. What it looks like also would help to. Thanks for your time

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok so don't have those other sensors. Says CAS is in dizzy like u said. It consists of the signal generator- hall element and magnet and signal rotor.

This is like the old cap and rotor with points kinda stuff but newer version.

Thanks for the help and manual that should help with a lot of things.

I'll Replace all three things in there and We will see what happens.

·
Banned
329 Posts
The ECMs are known for causing no start/run issues in the EFI (90-95) samurais. I would pull the ECM (it is mounted on the firewall, in behind the glove box, with 3 phillips head bolts that will likely be a bitch to remove) and replace the electrolytic capacitors and clean up any circuit board damage caused by the leaking capacitors.
It is practically guaranteed that every EFI samurai ECM will have leaking capacitors, at some point in it's life.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts