Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 1990 samurai, the wiring was messed with by the younger kid the owned it before I bought it off his unlce.

My problem is that, I am not getting any spark. I have battery voltage at the coil (it has a msd blaster coil not the stock coil) If someone can let me know what color wires need to go to the coil, the positive side and the negative side. Right now it has brown with a white tracer on the negative, and black with a white tracer on the positive. There is battery voltage going to the coil from the black with the white tracer, but when I put a spark plug in to a spark pug wire coming directly from the coil I get no spark to the plug. I tried a different coil and had the same issue.

Any ideas where to go next? I checked all the ground in the engine bay and cleaned them all up. It randomly started up, and ran for about 3 min the just shut off on its own.

Thanks for all the help!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Once a while ago, mine acted like urs.
Found that the ignition was not completed all the time.
Took the pig tail out of the ign switch (behind the key) with a small philips and replaced it with a good one (saw it working) The problem was solved.
Not saying it is same as urs...just saying.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Once a while ago, mine acted like urs.
Found that the ignition was not completed all the time.
Took the pig tail out of the ign switch (behind the key) with a small philips and replaced it with a good one (saw it working) The problem was solved.
Not saying it is same as urs...just saying.
Did the ignition switch not being completed still allow the engine to turn over and all the lights to work?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts