Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an 08 reno here in California. It over heated the other day and my mechanic says that my head is cracked. I still owe like six grand and Suzuki doesn't want to honor the warranty. So I guess I need a new engine. Does anyone know where I can find one? And since I live in CA I need an engine of the same year or newer. I looked online and found one for 1500 but it seemed kind of iffy. And do you know how much I'm gonna have to shell out here? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
507 Posts
How many miles do you have on it? Why won't the dealer cover it under warranty? Have you kept up on the maintenance? As for finding an engine, $1500 bucks is fishy for sure.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought the car at 30 thousand miles and not it sits with 58thousand miles. I believe I have bumper to bumper until sixty and power train until 100 thousand. I've been keeping maintenance at a different shop. Apparently I was supposed to take it to them once it reached 50 so they could change the timing belt and that's why they don't want to honor the warranty. I wish they would have told me this befotell. Besides, the guys at Suzuki have never really been kind to me which is why I didn't go to them for maintenance.

·
Registered
507 Posts
That dealer is giving you the run-around. The timing belt needs to be replaced at 60k not 50k. It says it clearly in the owner's manual. Have you kept all the work orders that have been done to your car? If they are still giving you the run-around, I would call corporate Suzuki and hopefully the issue can be resolved from there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: Issue is resolved. We took off the heads and as it turns out it just needed a gasket, fresh oil, and some new spark plugs. As far as the Suzuki dealership is concerned, I was never given an owners manual. I know it's my fault for not reading the fine print. I can't blame everything on ignorance. I guess I was just used to other auto makers sending me mail reminding me of such things. Oh well. Thanks for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts