Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I've just had the 1.6 8v carb engine put in my sammi and did the first 1000km's over the weekend (gently of course), however i have a crack on the block and it's leaking coolant...

When i went to pick up the car on Friday i noticed coolant under the car, down the side of the block, and on the front bumper - but because it was all over i just assumed they made a mess of pouring it in.

After arriving him i noticed a few drops of green coolant under the car but again i didn't think much of it as i assumed it's just still dripping off from the mechanics mess etc

After doing the first 200km i noticed that i actually had a leak.

On the exhaust side of the block, under the exhaust manifold, and just above the sensor plug (a few inches from the front of the block) is a tiny hole or fracture - it's leaking at a rate of 1 drop every few seconds while running, but once the engine is off and cooled down the leak either slows down alot, or eventually stops.

Should i take the car back and insist that they pull everything out and get me a new block? (i paid for a fully reconditioned engine, so it's all been cleaned/honed/machined, new pistons etc) Or is this a simple fix with a welder or some kind of putty?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mate :)

I just spoke to them and was told to bring the car in asap so they can pull it all out and get me a new block, no hesitations and no cost. They were really good about it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts