Suzuki Forums banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
It's very interesting that Bridgestone Ecopia 150 175/60/16 (original equipment on the Ignis) appear on the internet at a very low £30 or so unfitted. For example: https://www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyres/bridgestone/ecopia-ep150/175-60-r16-82h-629472
These are what is known as demo tyres - such tyres have been previously fitted to rims but often have not covered any miles. Given the oddball size - the source of these tyres is most intriguing and begs the question of an Ignis relationship.
Big dealerships have a "Pre-Delivery" section that fit the after-market parts to a new vehicle (at least the huge dealerships do in Australia). They offer the "bling" and "boy racer" things that most middle aged divorced men want on a new car to impress their Prey (sarcastic example). The PD shed storage shed often gets filled with OEM parts not wanted, thus they often have a clear-out and great prices and often someone like me gets some inside info (only happened once for me) and buys the lot, on-selling it to others for great profit!

·
Registered
6,541 Posts
The first thing that is apparent is that the tyres fitted are a real oddball size and fit very few other cars (I'm referring to Ignis models fitted with alloy wheels and 16 inch tyres -(snip) Bridgestone Ecopia 150 175/60/16 (original equipment on the Ignis)
hmm, here thats a really common size, and a quick search returned over 30 tyres including Dunlop, Kuhmo, Hankook, federal, Falken, Goodyear to name a few.

Bridgestone Ecopia I wouldn't rate as a tyre, more like a bit of black chewing gum. same with the Dunlop Sport SP01's fitted to the GV's from the factory, useless on a SUV, and prone to flat spots.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
"They're all like that" or "it's a characteristic of the car" are standard responses when dealers don't have a solution and can't be bothered putting pressure on the manufacturer. Suzuki via the dealer have acknowledged that there is a fault and have already done some work on my car under warranty. Unfortunately this hasn't solved the problem but I'm keeping the pressure on. The likes of Suzuki need to have pressure from customers via dealers in order to get them to acknowledge that a problem exists, and to work towards a solution.

·
Registered
6,541 Posts
Dealership said it was just how the Ignis drives and not a fault with the car. Offered no other explanation
your dealer is an idiot......go over his head to Suzuki themselves

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
With the temperature increasing, the problem has largely gone away until autumn. Suzuki are being silly and have asked me to take the car to the dealers yet again. The dealer tells me that they're not going to find anything new and await guidance from Suzuki - so we're going round in circles. I've therefore reported the issue and completed the online form for the Motor Ombudsman. They've acknowledged receipt but I guess it will take a while to investigate the matter.

·
Registered
438 Posts
It might be the fairly basic diffs struggling to keep the wheels at a the right speed.
Old Jimnys also do it - badly!

Anyone had any luck with 4season tyres? I usually fit them to cars I get but the selection is VERY limited in that size in the UK.

·
Registered
6,541 Posts
It might be the fairly basic diffs struggling to keep the wheels at a the right speed.
Old Jimnys also do it - badly!

Anyone had any luck with 4season tyres? I usually fit them to cars I get but the selection is VERY limited in that size in the UK.
tyres are an issue with crabbing on the Ignis, and the new Swifts here too, all the ones i've had dealings with came right after changing the tyres, they are too "grippy" and stiff in the sidewalls for these light weight cars. Nothing to do with the diffs at all in the ones i've seen so far in the shop.

·
Registered
6,541 Posts
Which tyres have been better? I want All Weathers but the choice is very very limited.
where are you located? we don't use snow rated tyres here as a rule, just plain old normal all year round ones

·
Registered
438 Posts
I’m in the UK; our VW California has excellent Goodyear Vectors, our Subaru had Michelin Crossclimates; neither are available in 175/60 R16!

·
Registered
6,541 Posts
I’m in the UK; our VW California has excellent Goodyear Vectors, our Subaru had Michelin Crossclimates; neither are available in 175/60 R16!
and neither brand is available here. I run hankook RF10's on my vehicles, bit noisy on the chip sealed roads but stick well dry, wet sealed roads, in wet, snow and mud.
Don't know if they are available there or not.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I have now taken up the issue with the Motor Ombudsman who is in discussion with Suzuki GB. It will be interesting to see the outcome!

Re: Suzuki GB PLC

This is an Email ID number: xxxxxxxxx
Please add this number in all future email responses only to The Motor Ombudsman.

Having reviewed your correspondence, we believe that your case requires further investigation and we have asked Suzuki GB PLC to provide us with their side of the story within the next 10 working days.

Evidence
We are fair and impartial, and our decisions are made based on our Codes of Practice, any relevant law and the information and evidence received from both you and Suzuki GB PLC.

We want to ensure that we have all of the information we need to make a decision on your complaint. Please therefore ensure you have provided everything you wish to be considered within the next 10 working days, if you have not already done so. Should you need more time, then please let us know along with the reason(s) why and we are happy to consider reasonably extending this period.

We may also get in touch with you to ask for information or evidence that we think is relevant to the complaint.

Timeframes
We will let you know when we receive Suzuki GB PLC's response, so you know when to expect a decision. It usually takes around 90 days from the date of receiving this response to allocate the complaint to an adjudicator, who will review it in full and provide you with their view of the complaint. If your case is particularly complex, and we need more time to do this, we will let you know.

Please bear in mind that if you have not yet heard from us and it has been less than 90 days since we received Suzuki GB PLC's response, it is likely that your case is still under investigation.

Please note the case outcome is not binding on you unless you choose to accept it and you may withdraw your case at any time by notifying us of your request.

Further information
You can find more information about The Motor Ombudsman and how we remain impartial here.

Kind regards,

Eleanor Robinson
The Motor Ombudsman

Registered Office: 71 Great Peter Street, London, SW1P 2BN
Registered no 06517394 England. VAT no GB 931 9743 04

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Excellent news. Hopefully these all season tyres will resist crabbing as temperatures fall later in the year.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts