Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1.my windshield wiper fluid wont come out when i try to clean my window but its also not leaking either we checked the tubes and they arnt clogged ...motor sounds fine.Anybody know whats up?

2.My airbag light is on what could be wrong?what sensor controls that?

3.How do i replace the O2 Sensor?And what problems does a bad O2 sensor cause?

·
Registered
929 Posts
#1 - Try disconnecting the hose and hold it out to the side while your wipers are flopped up (careful, some cars push em back down) but hold the hose out to the side, if it squirts it may be clogged nozzles, I used an aircompressor at low psi's to fix mine.

#2 - Try taking your car to Advanced Auto Parts or any place that will have a tester and maybe try resetting the codes.

#3 - The O2 sensor will cause bad gas mileage. Usually don't go bad until about 80,000 mi. but they vary depending on the brand and what type of quality of fuel you have been geting especially in the USA, to much mixture of this price gouge.

I am 17, if you find my post helpful, enjoy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

#1 - Try disconnecting the hose and hold it out to the side while your wipers are flopped up (careful, some cars push em back down) but hold the hose out to the side, if it squirts it may be clogged nozzles, I used an aircompressor at low psi's to fix mine.

#2 - Try taking your car to Advanced Auto Parts or any place that will have a tester and maybe try resetting the codes.

#3 - The O2 sensor will cause bad gas mileage. Usually don't go bad until about 80,000 mi. but they vary depending on the brand and what type of quality of fuel you have been geting especially in the USA, to much mixture of this price gouge.

I am 17, if you find my post helpful, enjoy.

yes very and you actually live where i live...the car is a verona with 54000 miles on it....its a great car i just had a spout of bad luck do you know where there are any good mechanics around

·
Registered
929 Posts
Depends on what you need done. I had a 83 Datsun that I did not have time to get running because I had other project vehicle so my dad took it to get it running, even though I got it down to just pulling the fuel tank (which was the problem - old fuel with no flammability). You're problems are minor, not really worth taking to a shop. O2 sensor is easy to replace (compare gas mileage #'s and how you drive to other people first though.) The fluid motor could be a fuse possibly now that I think, along with maybe something to do with the airbag. I'd be willing to take a look for free and only charge for parts and then maybe $5 installation for an O2 sensor if you plan to replace.

I can take a look at it this Saturday. I live close to Stan Slut off Old FM 440. You can PM me and I should be avail. Sun. after 6.

·
Registered
388 Posts

There are PCM updates for the 04 and 05 model that should also be installed. Depending on your PCM load there are some fixes for O2 codes and all sort of stuff and drivability.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Yeah, I am not familiar with this car or any NEW car really. I am geting sick of them. I keep going older and older 80/90 model cars. I am curious why he asks about o2 sensor and such, either someone did a diag. or something and gave him the info.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you

Depends on what you need done. I had a 83 Datsun that I did not have time to get running because I had other project vehicle so my dad took it to get it running, even though I got it down to just pulling the fuel tank (which was the problem - old fuel with no flammability). You're problems are minor, not really worth taking to a shop. O2 sensor is easy to replace (compare gas mileage #'s and how you drive to other people first though.) The fluid motor could be a fuse possibly now that I think, along with maybe something to do with the airbag. I'd be willing to take a look for free and only charge for parts and then maybe $5 installation for an O2 sensor if you plan to replace.

I can take a look at it this Saturday. I live close to Stan Slut off Old FM 440. You can PM me and I should be avail. Sun. after 6.

were visiting family at the moment in florida but well be back on the 20th we just want the O2 sensors and stuff working..where would i go to get the updates ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
problem

the only real problem we hve with our car is when the engine has been sitting all night or when its cool the car has a delayed start ..i have to hold the key for 4 secs for it to start but then when the engine is hot itll start right up no problem...it runs beautiful.......any IDEAS

·
Registered
3 Posts
There are PCM updates for the 04 and 05 model that should also be installed. Depending on your PCM load there are some fixes for O2 codes and all sort of stuff and drivability.
Do you have more information on this? I have an 04 and this caught my attention.

·
Registered
388 Posts
If you have an 04 and has never been programmed you really need some of the updates. Depending on what you have there have been numerous updates in the fuel maps and sensor interpretation that should be installed as well as TCM updates for the trans shifts and such.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts