Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Everyone,

I have a Suzuki Every with Turbo 660 EFi 6 valve engine 5 speed full time AWD. My van seems to run hot and shakes when I accelerate from a complete stop. I have already checked everything but my Thermostat. Not sure if there is still a thermostat in it because I heard most mechanics remove them as it is of no use in countries with hot climate like the Philippines. Is this correct? I read some people's opinion on the web and they say your car needs a thermostat to run properly. I plan installing a new thermostat soon. What is the correct thermostat temperature to install? I am from the Philippines and the weather is hot most of the time. Please help...

P.S: Does anyone have a diagram for the vacuum lines? if so, kindly share it.. I badly need the diagram..Thanks in advance and more power to us all..

Nick

·
Super Moderator
12,247 Posts
I can't tell you what thermostat to use, but I will tell you that any mechanic who removes the thermostat "because it's not needed" is doing so for only one reason, so that you will come back and he can make money off you - running the engine without the thermostat results in it taking longer to warm up, increasing both fuel consumption & engine wear.

I'm in Guyana, we're 8* North of the equator and see 80+ temperatures 365 days a year - I have a thermostat in every vehicle I own.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your response

I installed a thermostat in my car and after installing everything back, I noticed white smoke coming out from exhaust when I rev it up. Do you guys know what could be causing it?

Also, I think the vacuum lines are incorrect. I recently changed the head gasket of my car and it took a while for the mechanic to put the vacuum hoses back as if he was not sure where to connect the hoses. Could incorrect vacuum lines cause my car to smoke? If so, do you guys have a diagram for the vacuum hoses? Again, thanks a lot for your response.

Nick

·
Super Moderator
12,247 Posts
White smoke is usually coolant (or water) being burned in the combustion chambers - are you losing coolant?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, my coolant reservoir lost a little bit of coolant after driving a couple miles but I'm not sure yet cause I just flushed my coolant yesterday and I read some threads before that it will normally drop after flushing and refilling. I will fill it up again today and run it. I'll check the coolant level again and see if it still losing coolant.

But I did not notice smoke when I was driving yesterday, it was only after I flushed the coolant and started it up and revvved. While I was driving, I was constantly looking at my rear and side mirrors but I did not see smoke. I hope its all okay now. I'll keep observing. But thanks really for helping. I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I installed a thermostat in my car and after installing everything back, I noticed white smoke coming out from exhaust when I rev it up. Do you guys know what could be causing it?

Also, I think the vacuum lines are incorrect. I recently changed the head gasket of my car and it took a while for the mechanic to put the vacuum hoses back as if he was not sure where to connect the hoses. Could incorrect vacuum lines cause my car to smoke? If so, do you guys have a diagram for the vacuum hoses? Again, thanks a lot for your response.

Nick
I have a diagram on the vacuum hoses but i have to look it in my file. Got it from a russian site. Give it (rusian site) to you soon. By the way, try to check of your engine oil level by the dip stick. My ride is same as yours, also had white to bluish smoke in the morning after engine started but will disappear when already running.. I only noticed my engine oil loses and noticed to reduce about a liter in 500 kilometer (312 miles) run...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Diagram

Hi AANANTES,

Thanks for the reply. I tried to connect the vacuum lines using the sources I found on the web. Not sure though if they are correct because I did not find a diagram online so I just read which and what the sensors and ports are for and connected them to the holes where I think they should be connected to. My ride is running smoother now. But if you can send me the diagram, that would nice so I can check if I did hooked them up correctly.

My email address is: [email protected]

Let me know if I can also help in any way..

Nick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts