Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,I have my new rear bumper now but im having issues with my new led tail lights?I bought the clear/red stop,turn,tail led's.I have 3 wires coming out of my lights ground,stop/turn,and tail but the problem im having is with the stop/turn?I cant seem to figure out out to make this work?Its like I need another wire coming out of my led for turn?I tried wiring them together but its back feeding thru my hazzards and both side flash on turn?I only have 1 6" oval and 1 2" round back up on either side and didnt want to add any more light?Any one have ideas???I did read on a post about a converter box from Hoppy that will allow you to run leds with facotry wiring??

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok,figured it out since my post.:D Since I do wiring for a living I just happened to have a few diodes on hand and one on each lead solved my problem with the back feeding.The only thing is if my turn signal is on and my foot is on the brake it cuts out the turn signal till i release the pedal but I can live with that....:cool:

·
Super Moderator
12,173 Posts
Ok,figured it out since my post.:D Since I do wiring for a living I just happened to have a few diodes on hand and one on each lead solved my problem with the back feeding.The only thing is if my turn signal is on and my foot is on the brake it cuts out the turn signal till i release the pedal but I can live with that ....:cool:
Let's hope you can - literally.

Let's face it - you're stationary, foot on the brake - the guy coming up behind you is not seeing that turn signal blinking - he doesn't know what your intentions are.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its Nashville,TN......It really doesnt matter if it flashes or not cause no one pays any attention to turn signals here.lol

This is still better than the way it was...It gives me time to figure out the solution to the latest issue.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Its Nashville,TN......It really doesnt matter if it flashes or not cause no one pays any attention to turn signals here.lol

This is still better than the way it was...It gives me time to figure out the solution to the latest issue.
Just curious - what types of LEDs are you using? Is the problem found in the fact the the factory lights us multiple Filaments, conductive paths like in the 1157 bulb and the LEDs only have 1? Or is something else going on? I would love to see a copy of the installation instructions and a diagram...

David

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DWCARR1,
Yea,me too on the instructions!They didnt come with any except what each color did and I already new that.I have done a lot of searching online about this and it seems to be common.The LED'S are so low amp that my zuk thinks my bulbs are out,as Ive read,and so you have to either install a electronic flasher unit which I tried 3 at the parts house and none worked,or install resistors on each light to make the zuk think there are normal bulbs installed.Now,my issue with the stop lights over riding my turns signal im not sure but I have read that there can be many issues with the led conversions.I think mine are all four from Grote.They were $60 a set.2 front clear /amber and 2 rear clear/red and 2" round clear for back ups.

·
Registered
66 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haptown,
Yes,it is the 6.5 ovals and also 2" rounds for back up.I have seen something about a converter but it didnt go into detail so I wasnt sure about it.Ive seen a lot about the rapid flash,even though it doesnt bother me,that says you have to either replace the fac flasher with an electronic or install a resistor on each light because the vehicle thinks theres no bulb in the socket cause of the low amp with the led's.I have seen where there can be other issues too.Im not sure it that will fix my issue or not.The back feeding I fixed with diodes on both the stop and turn wire leads but the over ridding of my turns by the stops im not sure about???

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HAPTOWN,
I just checked your links out and they were very helpful,thanks!! I will go pick one of those up and slap it in and hopefully get this fixed.Here at work we install all kinds of electronics in the fire & police vehicles for metro but we only do so much with the vehicles wiring system.Usually its a police package wiring set up or we install our own wiring harness for the equipment.Funny enough,my boss came to me & one of my co workers yesterday and they are sending us to a school on the vehicle wiring systems,lol.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I researched this a while back, but decided that I would stick with the separate lights for the stop and turn signal, but did find that the Reese and the U-Haul converters were the most recommended.

One of the reasons for maintaining the separate circuits was that I could retain the ability to have my side markers flash with the turn signals. It also made possible to make strobe lights out of my LED turn signals when I get then installed.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got rid of my side markers in the front & rear with both new bumpers.I had thought about separate lights in the rear but I didnt want my bumper full of lights all the way across,lol.I did put my back ups on either end so I could see them better when backing and they do the job great...Thanks for you links man,helped a lot!! Im going today after work to get one..

·
Registered
3 Posts
LED tail lights

Sorry to seem stupid.. but did you ONLY change the bulbs from normal to LED keeping the original housing, or did you buy a complete plug n play housing with LED lights?

If yes, i've been looking for LED lights to put on mine and wondered where you got yours and cost.

Thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts
i've done the led light conversion and i used a led flasher unit to stop the indicators from flashing out of control i just had to turn 2 wires around where it plug in from the factory flasher. it worked out cheaper than resistors

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They are the complete lights.. got mine at truckers lighthouse in nashville,tn.The clear lense leds are hard to find it appears but they can get any you want.They were about $60 for 2.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts