Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would advise every owner of a Carry or Every that has been converted from R/H to L/H drive check their wiring harness for bad splices. I checked mine on my new Carry and so far have redone approx 60 of them. The harnesses have been cut to accomodate the conversion and many wires have been cut and left with the ends bare. So far I have found wye splices with the wire just wrapped around the others, not even twisted together. Have found places where the insulation has been cut for some unknown reason and no splice made. The list of problems is long, but the result will be the same. If a bad splice overheats, you WILL have a fire. As I would assume everyone has a fire extiguisher and the tools to disconnect the battery in an emergency, this would not be a problem for you. However, if you are like me and do not, you should inspect your wiring for your own safety.

·
Registered
69 Posts
thanks for the advice and welcome to the forum! I have noticed that also. The wires going in and out of the fuse box are too short. I would probably seek profesional help on this one but would of course learn along the way.

·
Registered
200 Posts
cpojohn said:
Would advise every owner of a Carry or Every that has been converted from R/H to L/H drive check their wiring harness for bad splices. I checked mine on my new Carry and so far have redone approx 60 of them. The harnesses have been cut to accomodate the conversion and many wires have been cut and left with the ends bare. So far I have found wye splices with the wire just wrapped around the others, not even twisted together. Have found places where the insulation has been cut for some unknown reason and no splice made. The list of problems is long, but the result will be the same. If a bad splice overheats, you WILL have a fire. As I would assume everyone has a fire extiguisher and the tools to disconnect the battery in an emergency, this would not be a problem for you. However, if you are like me and do not, you should inspect your wiring for your own safety.
welcome cpojohn to the forums, i guess that's the hard part if you bought your carry van second hand...thanks for the info bro. :D

·
Registered
203 Posts
This is a fast reply coz i am still at work.:)

I suggest that you bring it to a competent electrician shop to avoid any untoward incident. REYS electrical shop in Cubao along 15th avenue have competent service and electrician. Look for Mang Maning he is good. But if you prefer do-it-yourself (DIY), that would be trial and error as I have not found any wiring diagram in the net. What is your ride?

If you have an F6-660, 3 cyclinder engine, mukhang mahirap but an F10, 4 cyclinder engine there is a book that is for sale in e-bay and i think the title is bedford rascal repair manual or you can go to a Suzuki Casa and ask a copy because they still sell those pick-up trucks. (baka lang bigyan ka or bentahan ka ng kopya) Try din sa Olympia autosupply and ask if they can help you on the wiring diagram as they have complete manual for suzuki's.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I couldnt agree more with YT's comment regarding Rey's. By far the are the best auto electicians i've come accross with. I had them do the installation of my dual bosch horn (yum! lets see how those jeepney drivers will react if i blew it right in front of them - just kidding). and fixing my auxfan. that quality or service also comes with a competitive and reasonable price. heres how much i paid for a half day of work (fixing my aux fan, installing a brand new horn, fixing cabin control switches) all of this i paid P450 - which i think is cheap for ALL the work done. Oh! they also replace my busted spark plug for free! =)

Today i just came from their shop. last night i spent up to 2am trying to find out why my van would start and as soon as u release the key it would stall. that left me no choice but to leave it overnight on a gas station in libis. firts thing this morning i borrowed my brothers car and went to Rey's hoping to get an electrician. everyone was soo busy i thought i would not be serviced. then one old guy suddenly became available - so we went and talked along the way. guess what?? it was mang maning!! hehehe. so i braged about knowing YT lol. he fixed my car in 10mins. we went to their shop (him driving my carry van) and they charged me P200 only. i left my van there, my ending number happens to be 1

I wonder if we have a club already would they charge me less? P100 perhaps? not bad.

Oh! one thing more since we are talking about wirings here - Ive ask how much it would cost if i have them re-wire my van from scratch, they said 6,500.00.

For a van like toyota hi-ace, Venette, etc, etc, it would costs you 12K.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I haven't tried Rey's at 15th Ave in Cubao. I've heard so many good reviews about their electrical services. I think i'll give it a try this coming weekend.

·
Registered
27 Posts
hmm.. this is very informative. im new here, but i have tons of informations learned already. is there a landmark that i need to watch out to get to Reys? i think mang maning needs to check my wirings. my horn sumtimes would not work! and my aux fan does the same too :(

so. the address is 15th Ave, ryt? hmmm

·
Registered
203 Posts
If your coming from Edsa and reach 15th avenue, its on the left side but since its a one way road you have to look for another road to get there.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi Ron! welcome! welcome! welcome!

I need to tell you those are the 2 things they fixed for my van as well.

Just to make sure you get there - here is the number i got from their card 912-4547, 913-1956, 9123997:cool: :cool:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Where are you coming from? If you came from Katipunan when you reach 15th avenue turn right na kanan sya. But since one way sya turn right ka nalang bago mag 15th avenue and go all the way to New YorK street. Tumbukin mo yun when you reach 15th avenue turn left nasa kaliwa lang yun.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
27 Posts
hmm... it was last evening.. i was just trying to check the area , so as to get to know more about the place. im practically driving for a week only in the streets of manila. im still worried about getting lost, or worse getting caught bby MMDA!

·
Registered
10 Posts
There's nothing abnormal about getting caught. Besides, I think the only thing you would probably get into trouble for is entering a one way street. (Some one way streets don't have any signs).

I think whats going to be worse is if you get caught, and you don't have cash.

·
Registered
114 Posts
hi guys,

this maybe related to the conversion/wiring harness thing. my horn seems doesn't blow when the steering wheel is in the straight position. i have to either turn it to the right or left before i can beep it. does this have anything to do with grounding or should i just rewire the whole horn line? help pls anybody. thanks!

·
Registered
177 Posts
isporttrak said:
hi guys,

this maybe related to the conversion/wiring harness thing. my horn seems doesn't blow when the steering wheel is in the straight position. i have to either turn it to the right or left before i can beep it. does this have anything to do with grounding or should i just rewire the whole horn line? help pls anybody. thanks!
same as mine, but not exactly that it won't sound on the straight
position. Maybe youmhave to check the contactor (a copper wire)
if it's still standing & in constant contact with the flat part of the
steer.wheel. Check below photo if we have the same set up.

View attachment 4299

View attachment 4300

·
Registered
114 Posts
hi Ron,

been having the same problem with my horn. sometimes it doesnt work although i figured out that i need to turn the steering wheel either to the left or right about 45 degrees for the horn to work. but its hard to do this when you're running 90kph along the slex.

pls let us know the progress on your side. am from laguna so a trip to rey's would probably cost me more than the actual repair.

thanks!

·
Registered
114 Posts
yes bruce, it's constantly in contact. i've cleaned it several times already and even flexed the contact upwards more just to make sure (mine is like a small spatula pressing up to the steering wheel). I didn't have this problem before but only after about a year after i bought my carry. is it maybe loose grounding from the steering column?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts