Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched and haven't found a definitive answer.
Is it possible to convert rear seat to squeeze in 3 kids, belted?
Obviously a suitable cage will need to be installed as well.
Thanks in advance for any advice!

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
There is barely enough room to comfortably seat two... three would be a stretch. The center belt mount would have to be completely redesigned. If you put in a cage back there and install a floor runner, you should be able to come off that tube for the belts. I would add a floor connector in the middle of the runner, and tie it to the crossmember/frame underneath.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
mine's belted for 3 people. You can get 3 kids (under 10yrs old) back there without too much discomfort. I can squeeze two 10 yearolds and my wife in the back for short trips... but I don't think both children would live through a longer trip with her between them. I pulled the retractors for the rear and just put in three generic lap belts. If you're going to have child seats or booster seats, you can only fit two. (and a small, brave, dog between them)

Optimally I want to have 2 buckets back there with harnesses and I may be needing them in a couple years when the kids get bigger.

·
Registered
1 Posts
3 seat back bench

I have same concern. 3 kids. My 91 Sidekick has a 40" wide bench (same as the width inside betw the wheel wells). If it wasn't for the wells I could fit a 50" bench in there. My 93 Caravan has a 3 belt 48" wide bench and I have had 3 medium sized kids in there. In order to get a wide enuf bench in the Sidekick I
would have to cut into the wells so (say) the caravan bench or similar would fit but down to the same height as the existing bench so the kids' heads wouldn't hit the roof. I would then have to lift the entire vehicle so the tires wouldn't bottom out on the bench. Anyone have other ideas?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts