Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally found the time to figure out where the squeeking from my suspension comes from. Both rear bushings on the front control arms are a bit worn and torn. All squeeking completely disappered when I sprayed some lubricant on the bushing. First the left side, verified no sounds after lubricating. Then the right side, and now the front suspension is all silent. I have the common issues of bushings on the front control arms.

Now: I found a thread from 2016 indicating that just replacing the bushing is not really an option since it involves as much work as replacing the entire control arm. Is this still what you guys think? Two new control arms are not cheap, so I would really prefer if just the bushing could be replaced.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I completely understand and wish it was an option to replace just the ball joints and bushings in the arms. Unfortunately you have to replace the arm in order to fix the issue.
I had read that someone made a replacement bushing that was an even better design but I forget were it was at.
The worst part is that if you fix the bushing the ball joints go out shortly after and require another repair. Seems like the best thing to do is replace the hole assembly.
Have you looked on the internet for parts? The control arm is a lot cheaper on the internet than at a local dealer.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I heard about the replacement bushing as well, but now I can't find any info about it.
And you're right about the internet. I found a control arm that is not that expensive. I will look into it. But for now the squeeking has stopped after greasing the bushing. The bushing's worn, so the control arm will definitely have to be replaced at some point.

·
Super Moderator
12,582 Posts
Suzuki does not supply the bushings separately, and I will caution you against the use of after market bushings (and also the complete arms) - you may find yourself replacing them VERY frequently. There is a German company manufacturing parts in China, for Japanese cars - attractively priced replacements with a very short life span - constantly pressing the old bushes out and the new ones in deforms the arm and enlarges the hole, at some point you'll need to tack weld the new bushes in to retain them. It's your money, so choose wisely.

The "replacement bushing with the better design" is most likely the SuperPro polyurethane offering, which is available with different offsets so you can correct caster issues that cause the vehicle to pull - they are a three part design in which the polyurethane pieces slide over one another rather than flex the way the original rubber bushes do - research polyurethane bushes if you're considering these - they generally require frequent lubrication to prevent squeaking and in this particular case the sliding surfaces are exposed so that the grease will become rapidly contaminated with grit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts