Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D Hi all - New to this forum but not to Vitaras. Bought our first JLX SE Auto 3dr in 1997 as a "fun car". Have been on many Rhino Rallies to learn how to handle off road and have had heaps of fun. Driven to see the Aurora Borealis in Northern Norway, driving from Bergen to Tromso before the snow stopped us in November, so had to catch the Hurtigruten Ferry back. Driven around the Sierras of Spain from Seville to Barcelona. Have toured the Pyrenees and France. Been to the Orkneys..... and many other places too numerous to mention. Did 75000 miles on BF Goodrich All Terrain tyres (never seem to wear!) with normal servicing only apart from one small oil pipe supplying the power steering replaced. She who must be obeyed reminded me of the age of the Purple Vitara suggesting it was a bit long in the tooth to visit the Old Geysers in Iceland - so we have just taken delivery of a new GV2000 5dr Auto - more like a car than our beloved JLX which was more like a comfortable Jeep. Looking towards many more miles of adventures in it - especially as soon I shall have more time on our hands as I am nearing retirement.

Beancounter :D

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by ShortBuSX@Nov 1 2004, 02:36 PM
Cool, enjoy your new ride! But what are you gonna do when the one who must be obeyed says "your too long in the tooth"? J/K sounds like yall really know how to have fun!
"Long in the tooth" is just not a physical thing - when my youngest son is still at University needing support (financial and pastoral) it keeps you young feeling. We both enjoy our "adventures" (me and she who must be obeyed) that involve just going with no pre-booking of hotels, ferries, etc. The day I get too long in the tooth is the day I might find myself traded in for a newer model! We are already planning a tour of Iceland to see the hot geysers - and a tour along the Danube through Hungary and Romania to the Black Sea. The Suzy is the ideal transportation with a bit of modification. Not keen on the Bridgestones and can't wait to get BFGoodriches fitted. 5 litres of drinking water, 20 litres of petrol (gas), 6 nightlight candles for heat and light if stuck in snow, Kendal Mintcake and chocolate, 5 litres oil, first aid kit and toolkit with "running spares" (light bulbs, belts, plugs, towrope, jump leads, etc) and a 2 man tent with sleeping bags and pillows, emergency rations of tea, sugar and dried milk, cold weather clothes and mountain boots. We are then ready for anything. Enough room in the back of GV if she has to fetch me home in a coffin!! Better than sitting at home being a couch potatoe. You sound to be a young un so keep it cool and enjoy - we do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts