Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 1.3 efi samurai. I'm thinking of doing a swap this winter so I started shopping for a 1.6 8v because I was convinced thru reading on this forum that I could use my existing ecu & efi setup. My plan was to replace the block, head & fuel injector in conjunctin with a trail tough adapter kit. I found an ad on c-list for tracker parts. I called & the gentleman is a samurai guy who explained that i should either go carbed or run the entire 1.6 efi setup with ecu & modified wiring harness. He said the 1.6 block, head & fuel injector will not be worth putting in otherwise. Any input from the fine folks here that have experience? A huge thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
You will still get a good boost when using 1.3 EFI but you will get the most from running the 1.6 parts. Given how easy the swap is I would start with the 1.3 stuff and if you're not happy then look at putting in the 1.6 bits. My first swap used the 1.6 block and the 1.3 carb and a ported inlet manifold, it worked well enough but I eventually swapped it out for the 1.6 16V.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, thanks for clarifying Rhinoman. Nice post. He also mentioned that I "need" to lift it for it to fit without hitting the axle. I have stock suspension (which i like). What's the minimum (hopefully cheapest) lift i can get away with? I do 99% of my driving on the road. Thanks again!

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
To fit the engine without a lift requires a little more work as theb tarack/Kick has a larger oil pan. You need to fit the Samurai oil pan which means cutting and shutting the oil pick up pipe and a little trimming of the baffle plate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts