Suzuki Forums banner

Codes P0420 and P2135

7K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Hndbst 
#1 ·
Check engine light has been on the past six weeks, i clear it and keep getting the same two codes P0420 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1) and P2135 Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch "A" / "B" Voltage Correlation.

Is the 2135 the TPS? And what about the 420? I have no clue on that one.

#3 ·
P0420 is def a faulty head gasket. Keep in mind that converter dont go bad unless there is a root problem, i.e. headgasket. If you are in the 7 year/100000 mile power train warranty go to the dealership for the correct repair.
If you are out of warranty then seek help from a repair shop that can check for a root problem before changing the converter and having the same issue down the road.

P2135 is a correlation issue between the accel pedal and the ecm. From my experience I have found to have a communication issue between the connections @ the ecm and the Accel pedal sensor, i.e. the actual harness connections @ the ecm and the pedal assembly. There is also a plug that sits in the LH inner fender area possible faulty contact. You can use electrical contact cleaner for all contact points and see if that helps.
Hope this helps.

#4 ·
The p0420 might not be a head gasket so don't get worried yet. Check your oil see if it has a milky look to it. Also check under the oil cap to see if there's a milky look to it. Check your antifreez make sure its at level. If not fill it and watch it for the next few days. If you need to refill it again your loosing antifreez somewhere, probably into the block. Does your car blow out any smoke from the exhaust? If your not under warranty a mechanic can perform a compression test to check your cylinders and see if you might have a leak. They should also be able to test your o2 sensors and make sure theyre working correctly. Let us know what happens

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.