Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Check engine" warning light is on again.

Had the car in for service at a local Suzuki dealer. Diagnostic smoke test scan showed code P0456. Serviceman replaced a "vent valve", and the warning light problem seemed to be resolved.

Three days later, the warning light is on again.

The "$330 diagnostic and vent valve repair bill" obviously was not the answer. (Was I overcharged!?!?)

Any suggestions now from anyone as to resolving the warning light problem??

·
Registered
17 Posts
"Check engine" warning light is on again.

Had the car in for service at a local Suzuki dealer. Diagnostic smoke test scan showed code P0456. Serviceman replaced a "vent valve", and the warning light problem seemed to be resolved.

Three days later, the warning light is on again.

The "$330 diagnostic and vent valve repair bill" obviously was not the answer. (Was I overcharged!?!?)

Any suggestions now from anyone as to resolving the warning light problem??
Make sure the gas cap is screwed on very tight. This is common & is even noted in the owner's manual. My 05 Areio is in the shop now for same problem. They cleared the code, tightened the cap & drove it around & said icon is not lighting up anymore. I'll update after I drive it for a couple of weeks...

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Usually this P0456 code is caused by an incorrect or faulty gas cap. Filling the fuel tank with the engine running could conceivably cause this code as well or if the cap wasn't properly tightened. Any of the following could also be the cause: A small leak in any of the EVAP hoses or fuel tank hoses A small leak in the purge valve or vent valve The EVAP Canister may be leaking
I had one of the vitaras toss me this code some months back, found a hole in the evap line where the canister had rattled off its mounting bracket under the car and had rubbed a hole in the purge line.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts