Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a 96 VW jetta I used to clutchless shift every so often, Well I got bored and tried it in the forenza today, Didnt work to well, at any rpm, shifted into nueteral then GRRRINd, oops.. Why so? any body do this with theres?

I know its not the best thing to do, i hear it can wear out your synchros if you do it allot but, just wonderin.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
I had a 96 VW jetta I used to clutchless shift every so often, Well I got bored and tried it in the forenza today, Didnt work to well, at any rpm, shifted into nueteral then GRRRINd, oops.. Why so? any body do this with theres?

I know its not the best thing to do, i hear it can wear out your synchros if you do it allot but, just wonderin.
I had been driving my forenza without the clutch for a few months due my slave going out. Works fine you just gotta match rpms.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I had been driving my forenza without the clutch for a few months due my slave going out. Works fine you just gotta match rpms.
Really? How did u start off from a stop?

I've never tried clutchless shifting on purpose lol

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I cant get it on this car, I could do it at any rpm pretty much on my jetta, what the magic rpm boy.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Really? How did u start off from a stop?

I've never tried clutchless shifting on purpose lol
Well my clutch works, I just thought it was going out (I'll update the daewoo post later). I only used it when I really needed it. My garage is allot higher than the street so I just rolled outta there and popped it in first. Wensday I drove 130 city miles and only used the clutch 5 times. lol.

I cant get it on this car, I could do it at any rpm pretty much on my jetta, what the magic rpm boy.
Depends on the gear and speed. It's all about matching rpms. Whatever the RPMs should be when you're cruising at the speed you're traveling in the gear your trying to go in.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cant get it at all, Ive done it right when you know its time to shift, nothing..

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I finnaly got the hang of it, just takes a little more pressure then the jetta,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts