Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i am new here, and this will be my first post. i need some help with my clutch release bushings.... but i cant seen to find any info on them. has anyone else delt with them? can i remove and replace them myself? the arm that holds the throwout bearing for the clutch is worn at the bushings. i have another one to replace it, but i cant seem to be able to remove the bushings that hold it in. ive tried to hammer them out but im afraid im going to damage the clutch release shaft if i try any harder. thanks!!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I also have a 86 Samurai.

Do you have the factory service manual? If not, you can download a copy here:

http://www.suzukiinfo.com/sierra/zukboysfsm.zip
(Click on Samurai, then pick the link that says "1987 Samurai Factory Service Manual. It's a 350.1MB file. At least that is the one I got and it works great.)

Page 13-5 tells you all you need to know with photos of how to replace the bushings.... ;)

"Replacing Clutch Release Shaft Bush
1) Remove clutch release bearing from input shaft bearing retainer.
Fig. 13-3
2) Remove a part of spring from clutch release shaft lever.
Fig. 13-3- 1
3) Remove clutch release shaft spring from shaft. With special tool (A) applied in such a position as shown in Fig. 13-3-2, tap the end of special tool to take out bush and cap. Clutch release bush remover (A) (09925 48210)
Fig. 13-3-Z
4) Take out the other bush, too.
Fig. 13-3-3
5) Precautions on bush reinstallation: l Make sure to apply grease to inside of bushes. l Drive in bushes to the same level as inside
surface of transmission case. Install cap and oil seal securely after greasing oil seal lip.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts