Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there Web here I have a 94 Suzuki Sidekick, 2 door, 1.6L, 4X4, and I am going to attempt to replace my clutch. I was just wondering if anyone has done this and what kind of a nightmare there might be because it is a 4X4? I've been looking for about two days now to try and get some details about how to replace the Suzuki clutch and I haven't found anything yet. Any body got any idea?

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Originally posted by The_web@Sep 5 2004, 01:07 PM
Hi there Web here I have a 94 Suzuki Sidekick, 2 door, 1.6L, 4X4, and I am going to attempt to replace my clutch. I was just wondering if anyone has done this and what kind of a nightmare there might be because it is a 4X4? I've been looking for about two days now to try and get some details about how to replace the Suzuki clutch and I haven't found anything yet. Any body got any idea?

Thanks
How'd you make out? I just replaced my clutch January. The instructions I had gotten off the net said all this crap about jacking it up on a car hoist and taking the tranny and transfer case and all that other good stuff off first. I figured that was just too much work. So, I popped the engine out, leaving all 4 tires on the ground, changed the clutch, and put the engine back in. No problem!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Originally posted by Jamin@Mar 2 2005, 02:26 AM
How'd you make out? I just replaced my clutch January. The instructions I had gotten off the net said all this crap about jacking it up on a car hoist and taking the tranny and transfer case and all that other good stuff off first. I figured that was just too much work. So, I popped the engine out, leaving all 4 tires on the ground, changed the clutch, and put the engine back in. No problem!

Could you furnish the part numbers of the clutch disk, the pressure plate and the release bearing :57: ? I called up my local dealer here and he won't give me the part numbers :( . I will buy the parts my self because the parts from the dealer is just way to high.

online4Christ,

Excalibur :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
your in luck, i have a 89 2 door 4x4 and did a standard conversian on it with the stock 5 speedout of a 94. First off its not any harder to change on the 4x4 or the 2x4. The transmission is marriedto the the transfer case so there is only one drive shaft to mess with. basicly its just release the rear drive shaft, and get that out of your way, get a floor jack or tranny jack under it and get it propped into place so the tranny won't drop on you. loosen teh crossmember and bellhousing bolts. Disconnect the cluth cable, amd all that. Slide the tranny back pull everything out, replace everything that comes in the box, and do the steps in reverse.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts