Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a problem with my clutch the other day. I checked adjustment and it seemed fine. It seemed to come out of it. The problem was it seemed like it didnt disengage. I could not shift. Then I tried starting it in gear, with the clutch pressed to the floor, and it was still engaged. and wanted to propel forward. I played with it, and had a friend push clutch in as I watched the lever from the bell housing. There is plenty of movment, and I have very little play in the lever like it suppose to have. Then it seemed to come out of it again. I drove the tracker 25 miles, with not any problems. Today, I went to the store, and it started acting up again. I could not shift to the next gear. I went into a parking lot, and again, I could not shift while running, and even with the clutch in, and starting it in gear it wanted to propel forward. I was lucky enough where I could start it in gear, and with the clutch in, it slipped enough to drive it home, but, hard to shift into next gear, up or down. I know I want to eventually get the stop welded back on the clutch pedal, as, the clutch is adjusted very high, but, the adjustments seem fine. What is going on that it will not release when there seems to be plenty of movement? Anybody run into this problem? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
17 Posts
could also be bent fingers on the pressure plate. if the clutch cable is over tightened or the pedal is over traveling you may have drove the throw out bearing too far into the pressure plate and bent it. with out the pressure plate releasing pressure from the clutch disk it will feel like there is no clutch at all. cltch kit at autozone will run about $150. and a good LONG weekend if you're up for it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thank you for your reply. Those are great points. I recently bought this tracker, and the first thing I noticed when test driving it, was how high the clutch pedal was. It is like 3 inches higher then the brake pedal instead of the 1/4". I think it may be internal due to this excessive travel. I do appreciate your view. I'm going to rebuild the clutch system with all new parts when the weather warms up, due to minnesota weather and no heat in my garage. Thank you big ed, and we're using codenames,
Scott

·
Super Moderator
24,464 Posts
I played with it, and had a friend push clutch in as I watched the lever from the bell housing. There is plenty of movment,
There shouldn't be 'plenty of movement'. If you are at the connection where the clutch cable attaches to the tranny, and push the lever at the end toward the tranny until you feel resistance, then have someone in the car press the clutch pedal, you should have only one inch of play in the cable, and the sheath/covering should not move at all. You may also want to check the cable for kinks, as well as look around the grommet at the firewall where the cable goes through, to see if the firewall is cracked in any way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts