Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
really not an issue. the release bearing in my 2007 suzuki aerio literally came apart. it would not shift gears. i pulled the transmission out and replaced the release bearing. the pressure plate did not appear to be too badly damaged, but after installing the transmission it is now a pain to get into gear, sometimes wont go in at all. i have even adjusted the arm on the fork. i got the bearing from a suzuki dealer a couple years ago. anyway, the actual issue that i am having is that i know i am going to pull the transmission back out, but i remember that when i put a clutch kit in it 40,000 miles ago, it was a pain to find the right parts aftermarket, i had to get them from the dealer(and ended up with two release bearings). all of the pressure plates aftermarket were too small. guess the long winded short question is if anyone knows the size of the disc/pressure plate for the 2007. i have seen the 7 inch, and the 8.5 inch plate options, and assume(and we know where that can get you) that i need the 8.5 inch, but would like to make sure so that i can have one ready when i pull out the transmission. sorry so long winded, it has about 135,000 miles on it, and has really been a good car just beaten up due to my girlfriend driving it and treating it like a pinball, and the ac no longer will hold freon for more than a week, and do not see any leaks externally.
thanks,
ron

1 - 1 of 1 Posts