Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have a UK Registered 2003, Suzuki Grand Vitara SE TD 2.00 Litre, 39,998 miles, fully serviced since I have had it. The thing I notice is that when I try to start of first thing in the morning when its cold, that the clutch tends to judder a bit; I find that if I give it a bit more throttle this can be over come to sum extent. When the car reaches its operating temperature after about 5 minutes of running or there abouts this problem disappears altogether. I was wondering if anybody knows what this could be or maybe its my driving style!!!

·
Registered
2,528 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,473 Posts
This side of the forum still has the clutch cable, rather than a hydraulic clutch. I don't know when the UK Vitara/GV went to the hydraulic clutch (if at all), but if you still have the cable, this can be adjusted so that your clutch engages higher up on the pedal travel, if that is the problem. Also, your clutch would have a tendency to do this if you are not giving it enough throttle when engaging (coming back off the pedal).

·
Super Moderator
18,423 Posts
You may also be experiencing a bit of oil contamination on the clutch friction surfaces. Look at the bottom of the clutch bell housing for signs of oil (dripping at the weep hole) or dark / wet discoloration. The engine's rear main seal may be weeping a bit.

I wouldn't concern myself much as long as the clutch is slip-free under load. ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Clutch Judder when cold - SOLVED

I like to thank everyone who replied to my post. What I've done is too engage 4 track when the engine is cold; this solved the problem and once it had warmed up select 2 track and all was well. I think thats is my driving style that the problem!!!

·
Super Moderator
13,770 Posts
If by 4 track & 2 track you mean 4WD & 2WD, you might want to reconsider that approach - an 03 Grand Vitara is a part time 4WD and when 4WD is used on a hard surface the probability of drive train windup & damage is high.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts