Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everybody! So I was browsing around the internet and found myself reading several articles that claim that one with a new car w/ a manual tranny should watch their clutch fluid color because if the car is driven in a sporty manner, the metal dust worn off the clutch mixes with the fluid and if not cleaned, it could cause sticking due to accumulation of this dust. As soon as i saw this i figured my clutch fluid is probably black by now haha.. Here is the thing though, the latter being true or not, where is the clutch fluid?! Does anybody know where it is?? The only thing that came to mind was that maybe the clutch uses the brake dot3 fluid too? But if so why doesn't it label?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Clutch pedal slave ????

Hey Everybody! So I was browsing around the internet and found myself reading several articles that claim that one with a new car w/ a manual tranny should watch their clutch fluid color because if the car is driven in a sporty manner, the metal dust worn off the clutch mixes with the fluid and if not cleaned, it could cause sticking due to accumulation of this dust. As soon as i saw this i figured my clutch fluid is probably black by now haha.. Here is the thing though, the latter being true or not, where is the clutch fluid?! Does anybody know where it is?? The only thing that came to mind was that maybe the clutch uses the brake dot3 fluid too? But if so why doesn't it label?
I think the fluid you question is for a device which is called a clutch pedal slave.
I owned a Plymouth Saporro that was a MT, I seem to remember it had a slave. A slave is a hydraluic cylinder which aids in smoothly engaging the clutch when pressing the pedal while shifting gears. It is within the pedal to clutch linkage, usually under the vehicle. Your vehicle may also have a clutch master cylinder. It would be connected to the slave.
There isn't any fluid in the bell housing where the clutch is located. If grease or oil gets on the fiber disk of the clutch it will cause slipping. In other words there isn't any fluid within the clutch/pressure plate housing. Only a A/T has fluid in it.

·
Super Moderator
4,420 Posts
Impossible. The hydraulic clutch system is a closed system, it would impossible for clutch dust to get into it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts