Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at clutch kits for my automatic to manual swap. It is mind boggling how many options there are. Stage 1, 2, 3 and 4, then there is Centerforce which is two or three times the cost of the different "stage" clutches on ebay.
With the larger 2.3, plus near 31" tires, I need a good clutch. Do the clutches like the stage 4 have an abrupt engagement? I want something that feels stock, yet will handle my larger engine and tires. Any recommendations is much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
'zactly why I'd drive it until that auto tranny gave out. But hey that is me.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
'zactly why I'd drive it until that auto tranny gave out. But hey that is me.
I'm in no big hurry to do the swap, but the 2.3 Aerio ECU does not communicate well with the 1.8 automatic. Shifts at wierd times and overdrive has to be manually turned on and off, otherwise it takes off from a start and stays in first gear. Plus, I just prefer a manual trans with 4 banger engines. ;)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
90 views and no suggestions? :huh:

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
There might be a way to have a 4 speed auto that doesn't need to talk to the Aerio ECU.

They used the same basic 4 speed transmission in a lot of rigs. Some are NOT electronic controlled. One was Volvo rear wheel drive cars. Some had straight 6 engines near 3L in size!. Anyway you could use one connected like a 3 speed auto. You'd need to use your bell housing and transfer case.

This is also a possible up grade for 3 speed Trackicks.

I found a couple of threads on other zuk 4x4 forums.

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
10,255 Posts
90 views and no suggestions? :huh:
Personally I think a black velur clutch with diamond and stainless accessories would be good...:eek:

.... Philip

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Personally I think a black velur clutch with diamond and stainless accessories would be good...:eek:

.... Philip
If you have nothing more than a sarcastic response, why respond at all? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'd like to know too because I'll do my clutch eventually and considering the work to do it, might as well consider the most heavy duty clutch available based on real world experience.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts