Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2008 5-speed Suzuki SX4 has been shifting hard lately, so I brought it to a friend who does car repair. From what he can tell, one of the "clutch cables" is worn out. Maybe I am calling it a "clutch cables" by mistake because I am having a difficult time locating the item online. Would appreciate any help that you can provide. These are the cables that go into the clutch slave cylinder, and move when you depress the clutch, and attempt to put the car is gear. Thanking you in advance!

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Too the best of my knowledge the SX4 range all use a hydraulic clutch actuation and therefore don't have any cables.
However I think they all use cables from the gear select lever to the manual transmission.

What size engine/fuel does it have.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a 2.0L I-4 gasoline engine. The cables that I am talking about are the ones that appear to go from the gear shift lever to the transmission. There are two of them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you!. I was able to find one down in FL for $173.00 shipped (which is about $65 cheaper than at the local dealership ... who would also have to order it).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Both cables come together and aren't cheap :eek:
Just search the part number ;)
I know this is old, but I’m having the same issue finding these cables for my ‘08 5MT, AWD, 2.0 litre, 143 HP built in Japan, SX4.

I’m in New York State. The SX4 was originally sold in Pennsylvania.

What is the part number? Where can I find it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
886 Posts
THey give the full number for the grease.....but not the cables....

·
Registered
886 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts