Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Tracker 4x4 5mt
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently putting everything back together after replacing my clutch.

When I removed the clutch cable, I noticed that it was loose at the firewall and feared that there may be a crack... nope, the previous owner strikes again! On one side there was a bolt with fine threads and a 10mm/Philips head. On the other side there is a coarse thread screw with a 12mm/flat head.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what length/thread bolt is meant to be in there. I'll probably try and tap the hole back to whatever it is meant to be.

Thanks in advance.
Body jewelry Wood Gesture Art Jewellery

·
Registered
810 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Tracker 4x4 5mt
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Super Moderator
26,389 Posts
You don’t indicate what you are driving (you should put your car’s specs in your signature). While Turbo’s link gives you the answer for your specific question now, I will warn you that the FSM for the Santana made cars (which is his link) can differ insofar as parts, part numbers, etc., for cars that were made for the US market. US market vehicles are listed here (E03):

·
Registered
1996 Tracker 4x4 5mt
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@Bex all set. 👍

@turboguzzi I was just searching phrases that described the parts. Lol. That, or I'd search directly for an engine diagram, but they mostly lead to dead pdfs. That microfiche machine just reminded me of my dad's old Tomy Caveman game. Good times.

·
Registered
810 Posts
with bolts, suzuki sometimes applies a logic of numbers1& 2 after the dash representing thread dia, numbers 3&4 the length
so in your screw 01550-06163 it means 06mm thread, 16mm length.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts