Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my alarm installed today (HORNET 564T) and the guy told me everything for the remote start is wired except the clutch bypass wire (they don't do it out of liability reasons.) anyone know how i can wire this up so i can have remote start?

·
Registered
27 Posts
yea i just did it to my car... which is why i'm on here cause my lights don't work anymore. anyways. ummm first before i begin there are several liability issues with this i see why the mechanic wouldn't do it. u HAVE TO HAVE TO HAVE TO make sure the car is in neutral when u park and in neutral when u press the start button on the remote. if you are used to leaving it in gear this may be an issue as ur going to have to think bout leaving it in neutral instead of just parking and leaving like normal. but if it is in gear and u press the remote start the car WILL drive away hit a person car wall what ever is in front of it. ALSO if something is to happen after i tell you how i am in no way to blame for i did warn you. ok now that that is out of the way. if you look at your clutch under the dash and follow it up until u start seeing wires. you will notice a switch, some cars have two switches. the one u need is generally the one that is higher up and furthest back. but u can disconnect one switch and try to start the car like normal. if it starts thats not the right switch. plug it back in an try the other the car should not start after removing the switch. once you have the right switch there should be two wires connected to it. either cut these two wires and connect them together or LIKE I DID just strip away the covering to reveal the wires on both touch them together and tape them that way. this way if you ever wanna go back to normal just un tape and tape em seperately. after you tape them together your done. don't put it back in it's connector just leave it. the car will now start with out having to press the clutch but u still need it to drive. and since it doesn't need the clutch to start u can now use ur remote start. BE SAFE remember what i said bout being in neutral... and enjoy... i know i have now if i can only get my lights to work again

·
Registered
27 Posts
yea it took me a few days to figure out how to do it myself... but i eventually got it and was lovin it except i connected the remote positive hook up to my neg lights. now i have no head lights. everything is great in the day time haha. but hopefully i'll figure how to fix that soon. but nobody would tell me how to do the clutch they just kept tellin me how dangerous it is... i knew the dangers but i still wanted it. so like i said now u know the dangers so enjoy n be safe

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wait? How could the car drive away even if it is in gear, because you have to disengage the clutch just to get it to take off?
I am only wondering cause this dont make much sense to me...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wait? How could the car drive away even if it is in gear, because you have to disengage the clutch just to get it to take off?
I am only wondering cause this dont make much sense to me...
cuz with a remote start, and you leave it in gear when you park, the clutch is already engaged, there for you will be starting it in gear making it move.

·
Registered
198 Posts
found another problem the cruise control does not work anymore haha but might be cuz i got the bottom one crossed too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts