Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a M/T jimny and i hear a clunk sound when i accelerate or deaccelerate from stoping..i jacked the rear wheels to check and i pressed the acceleration pedal while its jacked and the cluck sound is not noticable unless coming under the car but there is a cluck sound for sure..i went for about 300 Km on one trip so the sound increased and came louder .. i checked the U joints and the driveshaft and they are fine..17500 KM i crossed..any help?? should i check the transfer case??transmission case?? springs nuts?? cuz im really confused and the sound appears from the middle to the rear left side of the driver and its really annoying me..any help please?? i have the stock tires and springs..help??

thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am having the same exact issue! over the past few weeks its been getting louder at take off but not durring stop. Were you able to find were the noise was coming from?

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Could be lots of things, but you keyed on the primary cause already - ujoints. I would remove the shafts one by one and check the joints (instead of just trying to twist them while on all four wheels). You might be surprised.

Then you have to look at anything that has a force applied to it when you go forward. Check the shackle mount points, the shackle bushings, the spring packs, the ubolts holding the rear axle in place.

In the upper drivetrain you also have t-case mounts, Tranny mounts and engine mounts. If they are still original they are probably pretty brittle (or worse, oil soaked).

·
Registered
551 Posts
I had a similar problem with a Renault a while back.

Turned out to be an engine mount. So as posters before me. Check all the mounts and connections in the driveline. Likelyhood is that it will be in there. Especially when loading and unloading the driveline.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts