Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 88 tin top samurai, and i have been trying to figure out what I've been hearing for some time. Whenever i get ready to start my samurai, before i turn key to full start, its in the on position and i hear a constant clicking noise.
I was finally able to track down the noise but have no idea if its normal or not. It seems to be coming from something located right before the fuel tank, looks like a switch but much larger. I have been looking all over but haven't had any luck seeing if this is normal or not. I can post pictures if needed, just wanted to see if it was a common thing.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Well that's confused me (not difficult I know). Certainly looks like a fuel pump but doesn't look like aftermarket ones that I know of, almost looks factory fit ??

Either way it,s not uncommon to hear electric fuel pumps before you fire up.
Hopefully somebody may recognise it for sure.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Well I've had a search around for aftermarket pumps and found this one that looks the same. I am guessing that's a little filter fitted before hand, you may have to wash it to find out :D.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sweet thanks so much. Is that still normal though? Just want to make sure i express that is constant, keeps happening as long is in on position until i start the car.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
perfectly normal for one of those pumps to click away merrily, they do click faster if they run out of fuel tho ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts